In this Place

In this Place

A Poem by Gabrielle Esposito
"

This is a free verse poem. Life can be all too loud, but with a companion, white noise becomes drowned out.

"

In the darkness I sit.

Hunched over by time.

Can’t pretend that I’m alive.

Here in this place where the wind screams and the ferns don’t grow.


The warm rays are gone.

They don’t dare peek here.

It is always night

Here in this place where the wind screams and the ferns don’t grow.


Yet still I dream

And still I hope

That one day I’ll hear a voice

Here in this place where the wind screams and the ferns don’t grow.


The crushing weight upon my back

Is nothing when I think of that.

A companion full of life

Here in this place where the wind screams and the ferns don’t grow.

© 2016 Gabrielle Esposito


Author's Note

Gabrielle Esposito
This is a free verse poem, but I was wondering if anyone could aid me in punctuation. I want this poem to flow most of all Thank you! Any other comment are, as always, very welcome.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Somehow I've read it before. I wish you'd listen to my songs. 'You were the morning. And I was the night time.' The repition doesnt apeal to me. I just want to let you know that before I die, I'm going to write something everyone won't care about. But to me It will be like gold, really shiny and heavy. Im going to look on for another poem. Bye bye.

Posted 8 Years Ago


This is such a tremendously touching and deeply moving verse, Gabi, I can feel came straight from your core … makes one want to warmly embrace you and smile with reassurance that all the happiness, joy, and love you deserve will come your way, without a doubt.
Well, it is certainly obvious no average-minded or meagerly talented poetess spread this excellently-penned flow of emotionally-charged, yearning, plea so deftly upon the page … you make my heart ache.

Pulling your reader with you into your moment takes skill, knowhow, and poetic voice we admire and can relate to … you've accomplished all that, and more!
I could go on, but what's the point, when I could spend time messaging you that which I believe will help you realize your wish, by being "anyone" you requested. : )

Smiles and most grateful hugs, Gabi, for sharing part of the genuine You! ⁓ Richard


90/100

Posted 8 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

173 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 6, 2016
Last Updated on February 6, 2016
Tags: poems, Gabrielle Esposito, In This Place

Author

Gabrielle Esposito
Gabrielle Esposito

NY



About
Bio: Gabrielle Esposito is a senior in high school looking to find her niche in the literary world. Although she is young, she has already been published. Her work has appeared in the online literary .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..