Cabos confused memories of Hall of Fame starting point for reckless youth turned professional

Cabos confused memories of Hall of Fame starting point for reckless youth turned professional

A Story by gall

The U.S. champion Cobbs Monday's formal entry into the World Golf Hall of Fame. Journey according to his memories, "I made the most stupid decision. However, this decision is like many other decisions, as well as to the final result.

 

1980 U.S. Amateur Championship, Couples lost - Hal Sutton (Hal Sutton), he was ready to go to Houston, ready last year of college.

 

Because he did not explain, or can not remember the reason, Couples then went to Los Angeles, spent a week with a friend's parents. A few days later, he felt bored, asked a nearby golf course. Next, he went down the street to the golden stadium (El Dorado).

 

"I drove into the parking lot, I know what activities here, because the top there is a huge sign that readtaylormade rocketbladez irons: 'Queen Mary Open'." He said.

 

Cobbs did play, even practices is not allowed, because the court has been wrapped down. The ball a shop, he met a man named Larry - Benson (Larry Benson). Invited him to play with in the afternoon. When they finish, Couples asked if he could fight as an amateur with Queen Mary Open, and then return to school to.

 

"He joked: 'No, but if you turn professional, we have reserved for you a seat.'" Couples said, "I go back and eat dinner with thesemizuno jpx 800 forged irons people the next morning, I drove over to the stadium, turned professional and why? I do not know I have no managermizuno mp 53 irons, no broker, no lawyer, no chefmizuno mp 58 irons, masseuse, physical trainer, no phone and can not find who to call I might made was the most stupid decision. proved to be one of the best decmizuno mp 59 ironsisions. "

 

Cabos and former U.S. Amateur champion Mark - with O'Meara won the tie for eighth, he earnedmizuno mp 64 irons $ 1,800Cobbs said the mother has been called Houston when his roommate, the CBS anchorman Jim - Minami (Jim Nantz||) keeps telling her: "He's not here right now." Cabos and ultimately to the mother on the phone, she said that the decision accepted. Next, she handed the phone to the Cabos dad. "I said: 'Hey, Dad, I just earned $ 1,800,' he hung up the phone." Cobbs said.

 

This is ||not the end of the story. Cabos began to feel that he can participate in professional identity Queen Mary Open, and then return to school. The good thing is that he met Tom - Rameau the (Tom Lamore), a good friend of Houston. He told about his current situation.

 

"He said: 'You need to realize the tournament on Friday, the application must be postmarked.'" Couples said, "I do not know what 'postmarked' is a significance, I have borrowed $ 200 to enroll Queen Mary Open and from Tom - Rameau father, I borrowed $ 500. they accepted my application, I took part in the qualifying school, I passed and I then went to Fresno, I passed. followed by two months later, I came to the PGA|| Tour on [date]. "

© 2013 gall


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

104 Views
Added on May 9, 2013
Last Updated on May 9, 2013