Chapter 1: Awakening

Chapter 1: Awakening

A Chapter by gannonrad

When you're born for a specific purpose, you often, at times, find yourself falling short of your expectations. I find this to be a reoccurring theme during an individuals life. 
At 5 years old, I began testing in a specific branch labeled "research analytics". The expectation I had was that I could be a great asset to the branch, and my fellow peers. 
At 7 years old, I found a viable treatment for brain cancer, which was unheard of at the time. To me, this was not something "unheard of", it was a very practical application of treatment techniques, just tweaked in a way that made sense to an organ which could not repair itself. I was awarded plaques and recognition, however, this wasn't enough for my branch... and me.
I was born for a specific purpose, I have known this since I was 2 years old. I remember excelling at everything I focused on. I graduated elementary school by 7, middle school by 10, and finished my diploma by 14 and finishing with 3 bachelors in microbiology, chemistry and calculus by the time I was 18. 
My mother, Elizabeth, was a technology expert. Brilliant with computers, and like me, was created for a specific purpose. Hers, was computer analysis and coding. She could code anything, she even wrote the codes for a self-operating and sustainable plane in 2 years. Of course, she never received the success, she was just the backbone of it. 
I was born to be, in short terms, a "superhuman". I was supposed to be smarter than the rest, quicker than the rest, and I was modified to never be sick. 
Illness is something, most individuals can never escape. People who run their whole lives, have the perfect diet, and treat their body like a temple can die at 50 from a heart attack. I, however, would never become sick. 
I was tested at 3 weeks old, to a lab-build disease, to see if I would live or die. My system, should have flushed out the disease and self repaired tissues and organs in 5 days, according to the research done. 
My system cleared it out in 2. 
I was a miracle to the control. They saw that, and they took advantage. 
I grew up as a VanDerWele,  I was created into a family of know geniuses and perfectly modified people. 
I always knew this was a gift in itself, but I knew this came with responsibility beyond my comprehension. Expectations were set for me, some I thought were impossible at the time of assignment. It's bizarre to think of how a human can tackle so much, but for me, it was normal. 
While 18 year olds are beginning their freshman classes, typically composed of general ed classes, at 18 I was writing theorems and testing diseases in the lab, finding cures, resistant strains, and working alongside the control. 
I never saw my life as being different, I just knew it was. 
I thought I was normal, I thought all children worked in labs, were tested in labs, and did everything I did. I was so wrong, and it hit me how different I really was, when I completed college, highest in my classes, the youngest in the graduating class, and with many offers from leading graduate schools to further my education. 
My life, some would call perfect. 
But when your body starts shutting down on you. 
Your expectations as a "perfect" human, start to crash.


© 2017 gannonrad


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

48 Views
Added on February 19, 2017
Last Updated on February 19, 2017


Author

gannonrad
gannonrad

FL



Writing