The Mind

The Mind

A Poem by Garrett_G
"

Whenever I come across a moment when I think I am stuck, I remember I have have the power to change that.

"

An invisible anchor weighing more than anything in existence yet has no form.

It’s like a ball & chain keeping you from escaping.

There is no key to set you free.

Each conscious thought adding a link to your chain allowing you to wander further.

All while each subconscious thought is secretly taking them away to hold you close to the anchor.

It creates multiple doors for you to wander through; some are out of your reach & others are locked, becoming a barrier.

Trapping you inside the current space having to wait for a new door to appear.

Until you realize you are the creator of this realm you’re in, those barriers will always keep you from where you want to go.

There isn’t a key for every locked door you come across in life, however, there are tools to break the lock.

You created the barrier, you can also create a way to reach it & go through it or around it.

The more barriers you break the more you begin to realize that ball & chain isn’t there to trap you like a prisoner.

It is your guide back to the source.

The center of reality.

With each realm you travel to in your mind you can see it more clearly that it only appeared to be a chain & that it really is your life line attached to your brain.

Without it you would get lost in thought.

It allows you to float through your mind while providing a secure way to bring back all those wonders to the brain. Where that imagination is created into existence and produces the instructions on how to bring it to life.

You blind yourself and create obstacles by looking at things negatively. However when you look at things in a positive way there is no limit to your reach & no barrier that can stop you.

That is the power of the mind.

© 2017 Garrett_G


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

273 Views
Added on February 18, 2017
Last Updated on March 29, 2017
Tags: mind, brain, thinking, thoughts

Author

Garrett_G
Garrett_G

MN



About
I love to travel, take pictures, meet new people and write. A millions thoughts, ideas and stories of my own and many from others flood my mind. When possible I try to capture that moment on paper. As.. more..

Writing
Stones Stones

A Poem by Garrett_G