Stones

Stones

A Poem by Garrett_G
"

Something that came to mind as I was driving home from my overnight shift. Feedback appreciated.

"

We were stones separated in different places on earth.

One day brought together by fate. 
When we touched we created a spark.
Never realizing what that spark could make.
One day your friend provided us with dry tinder and when we touched we created a fire.
Our experiences, time and moments together created the fuel to keep our fire burning.
We sat cherishing and admiring what we could create together.
The warmth, majestic view and peacefulness provided.
Then a storm came and put out our flame and sent me far away in another direction.
Eventually fate brought us together again but I was still soaking wet from the rain.
Wanting to produce a fire again we touched. 
No spark.
Once more, no spark.
I was still soaking wet from the storm that I wasn't ready to produce a spark.
When I finally dried up, life had carried you away.

© 2017 Garrett_G


Author's Note

Garrett_G
Something that came to mind as I was driving home from work. Feedback appreciated.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

163 Views
Added on April 28, 2017
Last Updated on April 28, 2017

Author

Garrett_G
Garrett_G

MN



About
I love to travel, take pictures, meet new people and write. A millions thoughts, ideas and stories of my own and many from others flood my mind. When possible I try to capture that moment on paper. As.. more..

Writing
The Mind The Mind

A Poem by Garrett_G