Smoke and Mirrors

Smoke and Mirrors

A Story by Gaston Villanueva
"

My interactions with humans

"

Spelunking my thoughts with a flickering candle, no more insatiable speculation. I carve a deep incision into a cupcake with my tongue and I follow it with a swig of brackish water. We’re only as good as our last deed. Death to tyrants forever but in Latin. My mouth opens again and I release the hounds to a dendritic gentleman sitting next to me.

I’m more laissez-faire when it comes to my bowl of cereal but I get that sometimes it can be a difficult road to hoe. You remind me of a friend of mine that liked the Harlem Hell Fighters. Or can we both agree that the Roaring Twenties were in fact, the giddiest, gaudiest, spending spree in U.S. history?

“I’m not from the U.S.”

You talking to me? Are you talking to me? I didn’t do it justice so I’ll give you the background information. My dog is androgynous and is famously plagued by scandals. Uncovering a book on how to be human left me inside of a game of pinball. Living in squalor and forced to give the theater of war a standing ovation, I continue my femoral existence. My best friend’s uncle is fascinated with stream erosion and named his children Fluvial, Attrition, and Jeremy.

“My nephew’s name is Jeremy.”

The insane becomes the predictable and like a pineapple kissing gelatin, I denature my cupcake. We as a species don’t look too ugly when you think about it. Most humans who are lactose-intolerant don’t care and scarf down tubs of ice cream anyways. I wrap myself up in fifty shades of blankets and am baffled that there is no saw. I’ve attempted three and have six left because just like a cat, I have 9 lives. What’s your favorite word?

“I don’t like ice cream.”

I went alone, but I brought someone. This slice of pizza is implementing psychological warfare on my taste buds. I’m on a safari, hunting dreams. You trip and I see your underwear; I like Spongebob too. I don’t remember how it happened but I now have a fear of bread in cars. The lamest, cool guy I know. If we sleep all day, how does the world know we are here? Life is a dog show.

“Please pass me my napkin.”

This isn’t my napkin. My saliva and pizza grease are cheating on someone else’s napkin.

“Thanks.”

Water fountains need to be modernized. Why are we still trying to drink against the flow of gravity? The concept of gravity reacting differently depending on what colors of the electromagnetic spectrum are present. I know the laws of physics but they don’t know me. It was meant to be. Denmark is the capital of Europe and there are twice as many bikes as humans there. I open up a tupperware full of memories and I sniff to see what’s what. Procreate with someone whose strengths are your weaknesses.

“Can I borrow a pencil?”

Smoke and mirrors. An imperfect map is a house of cards much like the Pony Express was a one trick pony. I feel like I’m letting the human race down when I struggle to open up ketchup packets. Hitler led his blind men against everyone else who could see. I jump the gun.

“Alright, see you around.”

© 2015 Gaston Villanueva


Author's Note

Gaston Villanueva
The struggles of finding common ground with someone

Comments are appreciated

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I like this, and i feel like it has much more meaning than you want the readers to believe. Like the idea that most, if not all ideas, are incomplete and non-sequitars except certain philosophical, ethical, and historical references, "Hitler led his blind men against everyone else who could see,"
"Procreate with someone whose strengths are your weaknesses."
"We’re only as good as our last deed."
Interesting, interesting. Maybe, I am assigning puentarian meaning rather than villanuevarian meaning and I could be totally wrong or missing the mark or maybe there is no mark. Good Job Gaston, I enjoyed it.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Gaston Villanueva

9 Years Ago

No you're exactly right Zak haha Even the somewhat random ideas have meaning for me
It makes .. read more
Thankyou so much for your comments. I'm now to all of this. How do I add people as friends on here? ?

Posted 9 Years Ago


Gaston Villanueva

9 Years Ago

No problem
If you click someone's name, it'll take you to their profile and around the top ri.. read more
an interesting view point and voice. it reminds me of a book called "The humans" it is a fantastic book. I think your work this is also fantastic and different. I would like to see more chapters.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Gaston Villanueva

9 Years Ago

I'll look into that book and thanks for your feedback. I'll take the chapter idea into consideration.. read more
Chadvonswan

9 Years Ago

HUMANS!!!!
Holy Luna this was good. It was very surreal and cerebrally bizarre. This is the next form of literature- nonhuman-existentialism. Keep it up Gasston

Posted 9 Years Ago


Gaston Villanueva

9 Years Ago

Thanks man! I always appreciate it

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

417 Views
4 Reviews
Added on March 30, 2015
Last Updated on May 1, 2015