The Legend of Jack's Father

The Legend of Jack's Father

A Poem by Mari' Emeraude
"

Silent revenge maybe??

"
This is the legend of Jack’s father and to brag about him Jack won’t even bother ‘cause truth is not a virtue he inherits and integrity’s a trait beneath his merits Jack’s father takes the tip off every table and parks his car in spots for the disabled yeah Jack knows he’s a gambler and a liar (not the mentor he was hoping to aspire) If he can get away with stuff he WILL try and he’s always at the ready with an alibi Like the time he told Jack’s mother he’d be working late when he was out with his mistress on a dinner date But Jack’s mother’s oh-so-clever in her own way she tells Jack “your dad will pay the piper someday his lack of love and character will soon show and there’ll be nothing of a legend left when he goes." Her prediction was quite evident that weekend when Jack’s father tried to steal from his best friend but he couldn’t out run the Pit bull that was inside (the neighbors just stood filming him as he cried) “Oh help me please I’m really not a bad bloke” but he became the 'butt' of every lame joke ‘cause his rear end bears the scars below his britches (Jack's mum can't help but smile while doin' dishes)

© 2020 Mari' Emeraude


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wow, this is amazingly written. The rhyme of course was on point, but the story is what really made this worth reading. tyfs

Posted 3 Years Ago


' .. If he can get away with stuff he WILL try ~ and he’s always at the ready with an alibi .. ' (Clones.. the lot of them!_)

Think there might be a first class novel behind these words, Mari'! Good phrasing in one hand, humour in the other and ~ a heck of a good bio in rhyme! Wonder how Jack turned out?!

Posted 3 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

83 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 19, 2020
Last Updated on December 19, 2020
Tags: humor

Author

Mari' Emeraude
Mari' Emeraude

Denver, CO



About
I am a writer, journalist, and poet from Denver, Co who remarks on my fulfilling life in rich, poetic (and sometimes humorous) ways. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..





Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5