Manure

Manure

A Story by Kenneth The Poet
"

Actually more of an essay, but we don't have that writing type here.

"
Have you ever seen a mountain of manure?

Manure has this tendency to become hard after days and weeks of elemental exposure and one is able to stand firm upon it once it is dried out and hardened.

The Genesis story is a small manure pile and then it grows bigger with the concepts of original sin, omnipotent transcendence and forgiveness by a saving hero. It grows ever bigger with the piles of apologetics, theology, philosophy and personal testimonies that are added onto it.

Of course this heap of manure dries out and leaves it befouling stench and presence across the landscape that is the human condition.

And then something happens: an outsider or a former insider can't take the stench and sight of it anymore.

And they find that one book of matches, the matches called reason or critical thought or unhindered insight, and they stand next to the heap that is still and admixture of dryness or wetness. The actor, this person who believed the manure heap at first was a simple annoyance but is now a full-fledged thorn that might as well have been dipped in bleach, throws match after match after match on it until it is set ablaze, like the flames of the garbage pit outside of Jerusalem that has inspired centuries of fear and loathing (not necessarily for Las Vegas).

Unfortunately, the physics, the calculus that is existence doesn't exactly allow for my warped scenario to occur in physical reality but only within the confines of my disturbed imagination.

But we can still do it: imagine that is!

© 2011 Kenneth The Poet


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Well, well. I wouldn't say this makes your imagination "disturbed"; I--and I'm sure a great many others--would do the exact same thing. Well done! Though, on a humorous note, I'd suggest a napalm strike over matches.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Hon...you are a gem! This is epic! xx

Posted 12 Years Ago


Very interesting thoughts, well said.

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

179 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 24, 2011
Last Updated on May 24, 2011

Author

Kenneth The Poet
Kenneth The Poet

Bismarck, ND



About
Kenneth The Poet is an optimist wrapped in the candy shell of moroseness and cynicism. He lives between the two parallels marked 46 and 49, all while living in the state marked 39. He pretends that he.. more..

Writing