Miracles

Miracles

A Poem by Kenneth The Poet

They say,
miracles
happen
everyday

How do
they know,
are they
God?

No, but
they claim
to know
the mind
of God.

Holy Writ
tells them
so.

This being
interacts
at the
most
atomic
of levels.

So then,
he can
interact at
the level of
human affairs.

The bakery
freezer was
short a man
on the day
shift, and
yours truly
saved the day
all because
the original
candidate
vanished
into the
ether.

And he
reappeared
weeks later
like he was
Jesus of
Nazareth.

And, somehow,
despite this
miraculous
reappearing,
he got a job
on the floor
mixing stuff.

And, by luck,
kismet, karma,
destiny or
whatever
metaphysical
construct
that rules
this reality,
yours truly
signed a
new contract
to teach
math back
on the rez.

And I don't
leave the
bakery with
bad blood,
because the
original guy
can drive the
noble steed
quite well.

Quite a
coincidence,
but I can't
say one way
or the other
if it constitutes
a miracle.

I report,
you decide.

© 2011 Kenneth The Poet


Author's Note

Kenneth The Poet
Context...

My poetry is based off events in my life that happen daily, and I sometimes wonder if I am truly writing the story that is my life (hence why I wonder about this entire scenario being a miracle). I was hired on at the local bakery because they were shorthanded on the night shift, but I moved to the day shift so I could be with my spouse in the evenings. I took the open warehouse assistant position because the man they planned to hire up and left for some set of reasons that I'm not privy to. He appeared several weeks later and he was given a position on the production floor. Now, I'm a teacher by trade (HS math) and I applied for a position at a reservation south of Bismarck, ND and I was hired immediately, given my years of experience and that my first position was on an Indian reservation years ago. The person hired there before me couldn't get a teacher's license in ND but had signed a contract. Since I had the license and wasn't under any other contract, I rightfully earned my new job. Now, I have to leave my current warehouse job and the man initially hired for that job is back, so I have to wonder. Some have told that is an interesting coincidence. I've had a few instances happen like that in my life, where everything has magically worked out in my favor. Call it confirmation bias if you will, but I wonder sometimes.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
...
. that's a pretty crazy coincidence ... and maybe a crazy coincidence is the stuff of miracles ... i think sometimes that when we respond to a situation ... without really thinking about the consequences ... is when life happens ... the second any sort of manipulation enters the picture ... there is some sort of distortion ... whatever be the case ... this was a great insight into how things happen ... makes one wonder ...

Posted 12 Years Ago


I'm just glad it all worked out and I liked the poem.

Posted 12 Years Ago


miracles are in the eye of the beholder .

Posted 12 Years Ago


The structure is almost like an essay. Perhaps it fits better if it was an essay. Just my opinion. It doesn't have to be a poem for it to be poetic. You can make an essay or a story out of this.

Posted 12 Years Ago


hahahahahahaha...you need to be published, my friend.

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

199 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 8, 2011
Last Updated on August 8, 2011

Author

Kenneth The Poet
Kenneth The Poet

Bismarck, ND



About
Kenneth The Poet is an optimist wrapped in the candy shell of moroseness and cynicism. He lives between the two parallels marked 46 and 49, all while living in the state marked 39. He pretends that he.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


regre regre

A Poem by paul