Overrated Emotion

Overrated Emotion

A Story by Rohit Yadav
"

It's not the strength and luck that keeps you moving, its the hope that prevents your extinguishing.

"

Overrated Emotion

Hanging down the walls of the tiny house,  the bulbs took pride in spreading their life’s essence, glowing as if they are going to compete with the almighty Helios himself. Bulbs of different hues brightened and dimmed in order to attract more and more audiences, but all of it seemed to be enveloped in the amicable aura of the house, competitive yet so peaceful.

The little electrons flowing through the metallic veins of the bulb were no facade. The tiny charge carriers were their strength, that made them feel alive for the nights and they were their escape from the abyss of the darkness. Nobody likes to be forgotten.

Clinging on to the last few starved and malnourished strands of the wire concealed beneath the plastic covering, our tiny little hero tried his best to outperform all his competitors.  Hope was all he had, that someday the magician who replaces all the dead bulbs, will bind him back to the main wire. And this overrated emotion fed his will to glow brighter of them all.

As the night went by, he put on his best show and all of it was about to end with the flamboyant night. He started feeling slightly dizzy and before he could revive his will, the darkness and numbness smothered him. May be his hope was really overrated and nothing could have stopped this. Who would even have a look at his health, to try to know the reason of his illness? He knew he was going to get replaced, once he stopped performing, no one would even get under his skin to really understand what is going on in that fighter’s head and heart. He was gone before he could even blame his hope, the fosterer of all the disappointments.

It was always a mystery for him what existed beyond the life of this chain of lights. And as no story is complete without unraveling the mystery, this one too was unraveled. He gasped back to life, flickering abruptly and then glowing so bright that he couldn’t see anything around him. It took him some time to settle down and once he did, he could see the royal palace of the chandelier. The dream of all the bulbs spending their lives in the skirting light was this. He finally comprehended that it wasn’t the darkness of death that he went through, it was the tenebrous night that showed up itself before the dawn. The glare of his hope was too bright to be suppressed and the magician must have seen his true potential and given him another life.

© 2019 Rohit Yadav


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

39 Views
Added on March 5, 2019
Last Updated on March 5, 2019
Tags: Hope, Strength

Author

Rohit Yadav
Rohit Yadav

Ghaziabad, NCR, India



About
I am really a novice in the field of writing but I genuinely feel it's my calling, and so here is "THE BEGINNING OF THE LATEST CHAPTER". more..

Writing