Wasting Tears

Wasting Tears

A Story by Holly
"

Short story about a girl who wasted her tears, because a boy does not feel the same way back.

"
The difficulty of Ophelia's life made her cry almost every night. It was not pain nor the wrong choices she had made a long time ago before. The true reason she cried was him. Aiden was her best friend; the guy she would always talk to whenever she would attend school. Their memories made her smile, but deep down, she wanted to tear rivers. How could this sadness cause her to cry? Why was she crying or felt the urge to cry? Aiden was the answer. Deep down; over the course of their friendship, she knew that she was falling deeply for him. Though, his love was never true when he found out the truth.

She cried deeply that day, and still the words he told her scarred her whenever she closed her eyes, imagined the repeated words.

'I'm sorry, Ophelia, but. . . I do not feel the same way towards you. . .'

Her tears dripped down her smooth cheeks as she lie on her bed in the fetal position. Ophelia cried herself to sleep, still replaying those words in her head, as she imagined him standing there, repeating everything.

'I'm sorry, Ophelia, but. . . I do not feel the same way towards you. . .'

Since that day; she avoided him for a few good weeks. Whenever she would see him in the hallway; she would glance the opposite direction of him. Ophelia felt her heart was stabbed with flying daggers whenever she saw him looking at her in the hallways. She wanted to cry, right then and there, but the students in the hallway were making her hold back the tears. Even though, everything negative was attacking her emotions, she was still able to find the smile inside her.

Everyday when she would come home, her parents would argue for hours about occurrences that made no sense. Her mother threatened to divorce him, but in the end, the two would solve everything with a hug and few tears. Though, she still remembers the day her parents blamed her for everything she had done. This is when she had done nothing, and just got home from hearing those piercing words. Those words mumbled from Aiden's lips and the penetrating words from her parents made her cry a tremendous amount of tears as she entered her bedroom and closed the door, locking it. She went towards her bedside table's drawer and grabbed a pair of scissors. Then she sat on her bed, sobbing as she closed her eyes, still imagining him in front of her, mumbling the words.

'I'm sorry, Ophelia, but. . . I do not feel the same way towards you. . .'

Her eyes flung open with more tears as she heard her parents screaming downstairs.

"I don't care, he's stupid, and dumb, I don't need him anymore! What was he to me anyway? Am I just a mistake? Do I not need to live? I see no future....for me or him in my future." she said to herself, and put the knife on her wrist. She was going to puncture her skin, when her cell phone rang in her pocket. Ophelia saw the caller ID, it was unknown, but decided to answer.

"Hello?", she answered.

"You better not be doing what I think you might be doing," said the voice, which was a male speaking. "If you are, put it away right now and listen to me..."

"Who are you? Why--" she asked.

"Did you put it away?..." he stifled her words, as she went to put the knife in the drawer.

"Yes, I did."

"....really?"

"Yes!" she yelled.

"You are going to listen to everything I have to say. Everything. Okay?"

She paused for five seconds and lied down on her bed.

". . ."

He sighed, "I want to know the reason you wanted to do that? Is it because of the stress lately from home and some friends at school? You, Ophelia, need to realize in anyway, no matter what...you're loved. You are loved for you, and only you. If you don't think positively in life at all, everything bad is going to turn worse. You're going to lose more people....just like that boy today.... because if you don't speak with him, you're going to regret it in the future. Do you understand?"

". . ."

"If you don't talk to him, I'm going to call you every night, telling you to be positive and happy, if not... you're going to regret losing his friendship...and you're never going to be happy again."

"Hey, you never answered my question, who are you...?"

". . ."

"Aiden. . . . . . . . . . . . is that you?"

Click! The dial tone was ringing in her ears; still confused who the caller was and hung up the line. Ophelia went to bed that night, eyes red from crying and tried not to think about it. Though, not thinking positively; she still got calls almost every night from that mysterious male who sounded like Aiden.

© 2010 Holly


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Hmm. I have one slight little problem. Wouldn't she recognize her best friend's voice over the phone? xD It's still a great write.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Very compelling. Your story kept me reading to the end and I think you have done well with Ophelia's character development. Nice work!

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

124 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 27, 2010
Last Updated on December 27, 2010

Author

Holly
Holly

Grand Rapids, MI



About
I try to write out what is on my mind... I'm sorta an engineer...in my head, I see the exact poem or story, and I have to write it down on paper.... same with artwork. Please review some of my a.. more..

Writing
Troublesome Troublesome

A Poem by Holly