5 A.M.

5 A.M.

A Chapter by Joe Genovese

            I have to be up for work in three hours. This is what frequently happens when someone suffers from insomnia. And what makes this situation worse is that it is only Wednesday so I'll be physically and mentally kicking my own a*s through yet another hump day. Luckily my ninja skills are improving every day because this helps when I need to be cunning and look important in the eyes of my boss. Most of the time I feel like I'm controlled by that guy on Comedy Central who plays with puppets. He does great voice work. Funny dude.
          But you probably want to know more about me deciding to become a ninja. Yes, it sounds like a joke but I'm completely serious. I believe the joke goes like this...
        "Why is it that whenever you walk into a spiderweb, you suddenly become a ninja?"
        
Or something of that nature...
          Silly facebook... Real jokes are for comedians...
          I digress... Although I felt like ninjaism (if you so wish to name it), would help me with my mental and physical issues, it isn't the only reason why I decided to become a corporate action hero. When I was growing up my dad was a huge fan of these types of movies. I watched anything involving ninjas with him and enjoyed all of it. Most little girls dream of being princesses, queens, fashion models, and actresses but I always wanted to be a ninja.
          So here I am in bed at 5 A.M. having gotten no sleep, staring at the wall, and dreaming without sleeping about taking on evil people with my mad ninja skills.


© 2012 Joe Genovese


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

214 Views
Added on January 11, 2012
Last Updated on January 11, 2012


Author

Joe Genovese
Joe Genovese

Metairie, LA



About
32 year old native of Metairie, Louisiana, just outside of New Orleans. I have lived in different areas surrounding the city but my heart will always belong to Nola. Ever since I saw Pulp Fiction on t.. more..

Writing
Static Static

A Book by Joe Genovese