You Saw Me By The Door

You Saw Me By The Door

A Poem by Healing Star
"

Early days in my life, couldn't accept the hurt. Now finding a way of accepting and understanding.

"

You saw me by the door, and you walked over and smiled at me.

You know that was all it took, and we were something different than a moment before.

You saw something in me, what I will never know, but I am so glad it glimmered at you.

It was a step we both took together, as we somehow merged into one.

 

When I held you that night at the party, I felt home, I felt home.

You remember the old farm house at the end of the road, the big fire.

The people came from everywhere that night, everyone knew Dave.

Then somehow there was a hole in the kitchen floor, in the morning, not good.

 

But that night, the fire got so big, and it was the first time together Gar and Jen.

It was Timmer, Bob, and Gary at first with the bottle to raise high.

But then things settled into the night, and we came together and, and ...

I held you there leaning against the car, I still remember your first time in my arms.

 

It was a good night, cool but not so bad for the Yoop, not so bad with a 10 foot fire.

On that farm out there on the end of the road, we were so lucky to live in the homestead.

I think I still had my Grandpa's Rambler then, push button sift on the dash, what class.

On the farm we fixed the engine me and Dave, but then the tranny went, pulled to long after breakdown.

 

Dave was one of my best friends, though he was lost, he had a good heart.

Timmer was Timmer, one of your best too, always a smile, always a smile.

Bob was a good kid, always would talk about what was going on with him.

Bob loved you, and that I knew, I hope he has forgiven me.

That is why Bob would never connect with Jennifer, he was waiting for you.

He came by to see us, I think that meant it was okay, the little ones in robes.

We should probably try to see him one day, maybe stop on our way, maybe someday.

 

And Dave so sad, so sad, I could not face it, that friend who lost it all.

That sad day, that big truck, that little boy,    All I saw was my boy, where would I be, if happened to me.

I could not face it, I could not face it, turned away, I turned away.  Hope he forgives me.

Then there was Steve, brother died in the war, so sad, could not face it.

Then there was Bill, real good friend, real good friend, Father shot himself in the basement.

He was hurt, how do you clear that hurt, that hurt inside, what do you say when they are hurt inside.

 

Then there was Kenny, we were kids building a place to go in the woods, chopping trees, chopping trees.

When he put his hand there, he put his hand there, and I was swinging. I was swinging.

Where is the finger, where is the finger, grab it quick, lets run to the doc, run to the doc.

Hope he can forgive me, I messed up, I messed, I'm so sorry, I'm so sorry.

Where do you go, when you are hurt inside, hurt inside, where do you go?

 

Couldn't face it, Couldn't face it, hurt inside, the hurt inside.

Hope they can forgive, hope they can forgive me, it was the hurt inside.

 

May we all come to a point where we can face it, where we can hold all we have done as our own.

Where we can be accountable, I did this, this is part of me, there is no blame it is just what I did.

Can we stand and say, here I am, here I am, this is me, I am what I am, and that is all.

May we find on our journey a moment when we finally turn and we face it, all the hurt inside.

And then, oh then, it opens to us and it opens to them, and it falls, it all just falls away.

And then, oh then, we step out from under it All, from under it All, and we see finally that we are free.

And then, oh then, the journey just starts, for now with the heart open, we see so far, so far in front.

And all is joy, all is love, all that we see, a path ahead lined with flowers, birds, life, beauty.

Walk into the meadow , tall grasses blowing there, breathe, oh breathe it in.


My child you are my sweet little child, walk here alongside my stream and let's talk.

Come sweet thing and sit on my hillside, here I have placed it here just for you.

Oh my darling one, my sweet and tender heart, there has been a hurt, there has been a pain.

Sit now my young one, sit and rest with me a while, listen to the breezes passing by.

Oh the soft and gentle breezes, whispering through the trees, whispering, whispering.

Little one, my little one, know that you are mine, all is here for you and your precious heart.

 

We together can repair you, we can find the meanings to all the questions and mysteries.

We can walk together you and I, together we can climb the hill, together it will be lighter.

We are all one, we together are one, we hold each other, we support the way on your path.

You can find your way young one, it is not hard when you are found holding a worthy Heart.

For all are worthy, all are born with Hearts that are true, it is the illusion that gets in the way.

Together young one, together we see, no longer fooled, no longer ruled by fear and pain.

Listen to your Heart, my golden flower of hope, your dreams whisper , go on and find me.

Go on young one, Go on, for the day comes that you dream of, the day of dreaming has come.

 

For  you walk a path on my back young one, I am the Turtle, the turtle of your dreams and hopes.

You had the faith to walk onto me, now let me carry you, let me take you to that place, holy place.

For the one who lived this before has told me of the things for which you seek, and now we go.

You are a child of hope, inside one who has no fear, and is committed to find himself and truth.

No more listen to the lies of those who wish to cage you, walk through my canyons and hold them dear.

For you are my child sweet one, I call to you from my mountain, call your name that you might hear.

The message is come child, come into my arms outstretched to greet you, my fallen child I am here.

For at your center there is a place, and once you go there you find it my center, and the connection is made.

 

Child of the morning, now open your eyes, open for the first time and see, really see you.

Child of the morning, you are my child, I am a reflection of you, for all beings are one with you.

Child of the morning, feel my love, feel my love, come into me and allow yourself to be lost in me.

Child of the morning, with light glowing from within, my energy and love pour into you and you spill over.

Child of the morning, you wake with a singing heart, you wake with a knowledge of love within and without.

Child of the morning, my sweet holy innocent child, accept all that is, accept that you are the light.

© 2013 Healing Star


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

97 Views
Added on May 6, 2013
Last Updated on May 6, 2013
Tags: Beginning, hurt, pain, trust, love, friends, nature, hope

Author

Healing Star
Healing Star

South Jordan, UT



About
I am a man who has finally realized he needs to write down what matters to him, that I might learn from myself, what is important, what I value. To capture who I am now, for that is all we have is no.. more..

Writing