Native American

Native American

A Story by Healing Star
"

A discussion of my love of the Native American and their teachings.

"

I don't know if I have Native American blood but I do know I am an adopted son, for my love of the Native American runs deep to my core.  I pray for their day that is now here, their day of rising up, of being Idle No More, we will see in our time a great rebirth of our Native American brothers and sisters, they are waking up.  They are the ones who were prophesied about " The ones who were made low, shall be lifted up.  And those who were lifted up shall be made low."  When the collapse of those who lift themselves up happens, those who lord over us and attempt to keep us down, with their teachings and their ways of ensuring they stay in control.  They don't know it yet but they have lost this control, there are too many of us now that have woken up from the long sleep, and we are like a wild fire now just smoldering but catching quickly as the truth unfolds before us.  Thousands more are waking every day.  It will be the Native American's that will show us the way, those who have worked to keep their culture and traditions alive, those who have stayed close to Mother Earth.  It is best to start learning from them now, learn the stories, the music, the way of the good path.  When a way to support them comes across your path do not hesitate.  I was blessed with an opportunity to meet and do ceremony with a chief of a Lakota Tribe in South Dakota while he was here in Salt Lake, his name is Black Fox.  He was at the incident at Wounded Knee and was shot in the back.  He was told in a vision when he was young he would go to all the tribes and unite them.  Well this was what he was embarking on when I met him and he was going to all Indigenous peoples starting with Hawaii and Australia.  He and his family were the gatherers of all the treaties, and he knew them all.  He is bringing a treaty to all the Indigenous to bring them all together to claim their rights and to join together to help each other.  I was at a ceremony where Elena gave Black Fox a huge rose quartz Chrystal for us all to put our energies and prayers into it.  When I held the crystal I said "The knowledge is that there is no past."  I was shocked it came out of me, because Black Fox is a chief and he was talking about all that had happened in the past to his people.  The message was to help him let go of the past, that he needed to focus all his energy on the future, on the coming together that he was going to bring about.  As they come together they will become much more powerful in that they will establish ways of helping each other rise up out of the difficulties of their past.  The last time I met with Black Fox at an INIPI Ceremony he said something that told me he accepted the message they put in my mind when I held the crystal.  When I was driving to a Peace Pipe Ceremony with Black Fox I learned of the passing of a very close cousin of mine.  At first I thought I cannot go I will just go home but I went anyway.   At the ceremony we got to a point where Black Fox passed the crystal around to everyone in the circle.   When it came to me I shared that my cousin had just passed and that I was putting his love into the crystal.  As I was leaving and shook Black Fox's hand he smiled and said I like your energy.  That made me feel so good inside.  Black Fox said that he would pass the crystal at all the ceremonies on his journey.  When I saw it on his alter at the piece pipe ceremony, he had a head band laid around it, I think it was probably the head band of his Father of one of his teachers that has passed on, I could tell the crystal was very special to him.  When he put it down he very deliberately stopped his motion about four times in the process of setting it in place.  It was similar to how he put the natural tobacco into the pipe he loaded, very prayerfully.  I need to find out what the stopping the motion means.  Native Americans do not inhale the tobacco it is used to send the smoke a symbol of Spirit out to the four directions, a way of connecting to the creation energies of the four directions.  I met another Story Teller, Woebleza from South Dakota about a year and a half ago.  I remember every story he told me, a Story Teller heals with his stories and the stories he tells you are important for you to hear.   I believe I have the gift of the Story Teller in me and I am beginning to develop it, may this gift continue to expand and grow within my heart is my prayer.  May we all come to an understanding of the heart of the true Native American and of all the Indigenous of all lands.  They are a beautiful people when they hold to their culture and are true to the teachings of their elders.  As I said we should learn from them now, learn all you can about the stories and be open to their ways, they will teach us what we need to know in this time, the time of times.

© 2013 Healing Star


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

192 Views
Added on May 18, 2013
Last Updated on May 18, 2013
Tags: Native American, teachings, crystal, stories, honor, love

Author

Healing Star
Healing Star

South Jordan, UT



About
I am a man who has finally realized he needs to write down what matters to him, that I might learn from myself, what is important, what I value. To capture who I am now, for that is all we have is no.. more..

Writing



Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5