No Longer Bad

No Longer Bad

A Chapter by Akujuobi Godsgrant
"

Simply about regeneration.

"
Now we look inside, and what we see is that anyone united with the Messiah gets a fresh start, is created new. The old life is gone; a new life burgeons! Look at it!
(2Cor. 5:17, TMB)

As a Christian, if you look back at your past life as an unbeliever you may feel that you were too bad to deserve God's mercy, His forgiveness and His redemptive plan. It's possible your history looks both messy and smelly, but the good news is that while we were still in our disgusting states God loved us. If he couldn't spare his only son just for our souls, then he deserves to be honored with our lives. This is because our souls are precious to him.

And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure.
(1John 3:3, KJV)

God's intention was not to make us temporarily cleansed, but He intends to have us perpetually changed into the likeness of his dear son. Hence, we can lead pure lives by his grace and be able to access his marvelous presence.

And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.
(1Tim3:16, KJV)

Physically speaking, there might be no sensible explanation for the inward transformation that Jesus brings into the lives of those that sincerely bid him come. That's why the Christian faith isn't a mere religion. Instead, it's about experiential transformation. If you've not got it, you can't live it.

Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort you that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints.
(Jude 1:3, KJV)

The new creation realities that accompany our Christian faith is awesome . So, it's no ordinary thing to be saved from ones sins. It's a miracle. The faith we have is genuine and great. It shouldn't be toiled with at all. God has brought us into his lovely family and it's an unmerited favour. You've got to maintain the faith through holy living. Therefore, we should live for God's pleasure.

By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.
(Romans 5:2, KJV)

In sum, we are pilgrims on earth and so we need not lose sight of our eternal destination. You've got to maximize the available grace of our Lord to ensure you are not left behind after your earthly profession of the Christian faith.


© 2015 Akujuobi Godsgrant


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

90 Views
Added on January 8, 2015
Last Updated on January 8, 2015


Author

Akujuobi Godsgrant
Akujuobi Godsgrant

Enugu, SOUTH EAST, Nigeria



About
I am a lover of didactic poetry and a new poet. I believe in sending useful ideas into our world. more..

Writing