"I'm Ugly!"

"I'm Ugly!"

A Story by Gicel Livelo
"

Just a short story about what true beauty is.

"
"Hey, are you going to that party at Jenny's this Saturday night?" Melissa asked Hope as she walked down the hallway of her school. "No, are you?" Hope replied, insecurity drawn on her face. "Why not? I'll go with you! I'm sure your parents won't mind. After all, we've been friends forever!" Melissa said. "Well, I just don't feel like I should go. I mean, just look at me. I'm ugly! Another thing, the popular girls would be there. Jenny invited them, remember? I heard they've been getting along well. It's kind of stupid, really." insecurity still drawn onto Hope's face as she wipes the small sweat on her forehead with the palm of her hand. "Are you joking? You're not ugly! Whoever told you this? I don't want you believing in what anyone says, alright? You're beautiful! And...no, the popular girls were not invited even if Jenny does get along well with them. She only invited her best of friends. Glad we're one of them. We've known each other for six years! I would be outraged if she didn't invite us." Melissa replied with confidence in her tone.
She knew Hope was feeling insecure about her looks again, she had always been insecure about her appearance but Melissa never got irritated. She loved her best friend so much to make her feel bad about herself. She had always been making Hope feel better about herself by giving her encouraging and genuine words and advice to boost her self-esteem. 
"I'm glad she invited us, too. But...I just don't know if I should go! Even though you said I was beautiful, I don't believe it."
"Really? But remember that one time on the bus? That stranger told you that you looked beautiful and you smiled and thanked him. So if a stranger told you that you were beautiful, you'd believe them, but if you I told you, you won't?"
"No, it's not that way. I'm just so insecure. I can't stop being insecure, it really hurts." 
"Then stop being insecure! You're beautiful! It doesn't matter what anyone says, it doesn't matter what you look like, it's your attitude that really makes you stand out. It's your attitude that makes you beautiful. Who cares about appearance? Beauty from the outside is nothing compared to beauty from within."

© 2016 Gicel Livelo


Author's Note

Gicel Livelo
Hi. I know this isn't the best short story, but I still hope you like it. I'm kind of busy with school work but I just felt like writing something today. I promise you my other works would be better than this. Hahaha

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

100 Views
Added on September 21, 2016
Last Updated on September 21, 2016
Tags: beauty, pretty, love, yourself, short, story, ugly, confident

Author

Gicel Livelo
Gicel Livelo

Imus Cavite, Philippines



About
I'm a writer, bookworm, and music enthusiast. more..

Writing
Mistake Mistake

A Poem by Gicel Livelo


The One The One

A Poem by Gicel Livelo