A letter to myself.

A letter to myself.

A Story by Gicel Livelo
"

I decided to make a letter to myself that I'd read if I ever feel hopeless and lonely.

"

LETTER TO MYSELF:

Hi. What’s up? Are you well? What have you been up to lately? I hope everything’s okay. I heard you’re currently studying in this university you’re not really feeling comfortable with. Nevertheless, I hope you have a great time while you’re there. I just wanted to tell you that you will be alright. I know it’s hard to see anything happy right now especially in the situation you are in, but trust me you will be alright. While you are currently enrolled in the college you are in, please try to be happy. I know it’s hard because you miss your friends from the other college you attended but this is for your own good. You’ll be trained really well to be a good student in this college, you’ll see. So far, I’ve heard you’re doing great on your academics. Great job! Keep that up! You know, I truly believe that you will really change for the better this year. So far this year, you have grown so much. You’ve become more responsible, and you thought a lot of things through. Like what you really want to do for the rest of your life, what you think your purpose is, and all that kind of stuff. I’m proud of you. Even though you’ve went through a lot of struggles you still manage to keep your chin up! That’s what I call courage. You’re doing great. You know what else? You’ve started to not give up on your goals and dreams in life. That’s amazing, you know that? Some people don’t do what you do. They have dreams and goals, but some spend their time pretending to love something they’ve never really imagined liking. It’s horrifying, really. But I don’t want to judge. It’s their life after all. But what I do dislike, is when people have something they want to pursue, and they just won’t pursue it because it appears weird to others, or they think others would find their passion stupid. It’s making me disgusted just thinking about it. I mean, why on earth would anyone’s opinions matter to anyone? If I were them, I would just go with my goals and dreams and never stop chasing it! It doesn’t matter what anyone says! It doesn’t matter what people think! For instance, if you want to be a doctor then go for it! If you want to transfer universities because the one you’re currently in just doesn’t fit you, make you feel happy and comfortable, or the course just isn’t what you like, then go for it! Transfer schools! If you want to read a book while everyone else wants to watch a movie, then do it! You make the decisions because this is your life! Not theirs! It’s not about what they think, it’s about what you think. Don’t hesitate to do the things that make you happy just because of how it would appear. At the end of the day, the important thing is your happiness and your future. It may be hard to do the things you want to do sometimes, but nothing worth having comes easy. I mean, look at all the successful people now, they once started like you. They once started from the bottom, just like everyone else! Now look where they are! They never stopped pursuing their dreams because that’s what they want to do in their lives. It didn’t matter to them if it took years to accomplish something as long as it was something they wanted to do and it was something that actually made them happy. You see, don’t just do things because people tell you it’s the right thing to do, think about your future. Think about your happiness and how that thing would make you feel. Will you feel happy? Sad? Regretful? Do things that make you genuinely happy. Make decisions that will really help you reach your goal. Never ever doubt yourself even just for a minute! Just do what you want to do, I know you can do it. You will be alright. You will achieve your goals. You will study in your dream university really soon, sooner than you think, I daresay. You’re one heck of a superstar! You deserve all the love in the world. You deserve happiness, and you deserve to get your dreams to come true. You’ve got great potential, and nothing anyone would say should stop you from thinking you’re worth it. It may be hard to see right now, but I’m telling you, I see a girl living her dreams in the next few months. Everything is going to be okay, everything is falling right into place. Trust God and let Him guide you. He knows what you have been praying for. It is coming. Be patient, my friend. You’re halfway there. Hang in there! 

© 2016 Gicel Livelo


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

98 Views
Added on September 22, 2016
Last Updated on September 22, 2016
Tags: hope, letter, new, brand, me

Author

Gicel Livelo
Gicel Livelo

Imus Cavite, Philippines



About
I'm a writer, bookworm, and music enthusiast. more..

Writing
Mistake Mistake

A Poem by Gicel Livelo


The One The One

A Poem by Gicel Livelo