TALENT AND MENTORSHIP

TALENT AND MENTORSHIP

A Chapter by emone emmanuel
"

Every talented individual must have a mentor or coach that will guide him or her in talent management.

"
TALENT MANAGEMENT
COURSE CODE:GIFT103
TALENT AND MENTORSHIP
THE FUNDAMENTALS OF TALENT
MANAGEMENTS
FACILITATOR: EMONE EMMANUEL

1. Who is a mentor?

•A mentor is someone who has passed where you are, that is currently where you want to be and is willing to bring you there.


2. What is the role of a mentor in the life of a talented person?

A. Inspiration: the major work of the mentor is to inspire the mentee.

The mentor gives the mentee the 'I can' spirit. He or she helps the mentee to believe that the once dreaded height is attainable.


B. Instruction: the mentor instructs the mentee for maximum productivity.

I. The instruction must be in line with accepted ethics in such profession or field of life.

II. The instruction must be in conformity with human rights.

~Some claim that their mentors forced them to take drugs to be able to sing or perform but the truth is that drug abuse is not to be tolerated in any civilized society. So such instruction by a mentor violates the mentee's human rights.


C. Information: a mentor supplies the relevant information to his mentee.

He informs the mentee of the change of trend in the profession that is related to his or her talents.


3. Types of mentorship

A. Direct mentorship: in this type of mentorship you have a direct access to the mentor.

This includes physical access that is gotten through fixed appointments and mentorship time table.


B. Indirect mentorship: in this type of mentorship, the mentee cannot physically access the mentor since distance might separate them. It might also be because the mentor exceeded his direct mentorship capacity. Such mentor might now be too busy to directly mentor everyone but that does not mean that he is not still inspiring them.

Indirect mentorship can be gotten through the following methods

I. Accessing the mentor's books.

II. Listening to the mentor's interview or talks.

III,Watching the mentor's videos. 



© 2016 emone emmanuel


Author's Note

emone emmanuel
Please help me to edit and promote this work.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

88 Views
Added on April 26, 2016
Last Updated on April 26, 2016


Author

emone emmanuel
emone emmanuel

Awka, South East, Nigeria



About
Emone Emmanuel is a poet,novelist,short story writer,essayist,speaker&a youth advocate•He is The president&founder of Peakstars foundation, an NGO that helps the youths&teens to discover,develop&.. more..

Writing