My Angel

My Angel

A Story by Donna
"

A spiritual experience.

"

My Angel

CRASH, BANG, POP that’s all she heard as her car hit the cement retaining wall.  She knew she was hurt but yet she didn’t care.  She didn’t feel hurt.  There wasn’t any pain.  Why wasn’t there any pain?  She was at a place that was peaceful.  No pain, no problems, no cares.

“Her wallet has a name of Sally Taglio.”  The first ambulance attendant said.  “Sally wake up.” 

She heard a voice, it came from far away.

            “I want pulse, B/P and respiratory stats.  I’ll secure her neck.”  The second ambulance attendant told the first attendant.

            “I don’t want to wake up.  I like it here.  It is so happy here.”  Sally said.

            “B/P is 85 over 52, pulse is 54, and respirations are at 5 and shallow.”  The first attendant announced after he had checked the stats.

            “Sally wake up.  You need to wake up.  Can you talk to us?”  There was that voice again. 

            “Not right now.  I want to stay here.  I feel good.”  Sally said to the voice.

            Sally lay there in no pain just relaxing.  She was warm, the sun was out, what more can a person want.  Sally loved to laze around in the warm sun. 

            “Sally wake up.  We need to talk to you.”  The second attendant said.

The man who saw the accident and called 911 came over to the attendants.  He watched them try to wake Sally up.  “How is she doing?”

            “Not good.”  They said.

“Sally, you need to go back.  You don’t belong here.”  Another voice, this one sounded closer to her.  Sally turned around and there was a man. 

            “What is your name?”  Sally asked him as she was trying to absorb the warmth around her.  He looked like a nice man as he stood there smiling at her. 

            “My name is Walter.  I am here to send you back.  Heaven is not ready for you yet.”  Walter explained. 

            “Walter, I don’t think I need to leave.  I feel like I need to stay.”  Sally explained to him.

            “Sally the world needs you still.  You need to go back down and work more, change the world.”  He told her.

            “70 over 47, her pulse is 48 and respirations are 4 shallow and ragged.  She’s struggling.”  The first attendant finished taking her vital signs.  She had a possible concussion, multiple cuts, bruising and possible broken ribs. 

            “Sally we need you to wake up now.  We need you to talk to us.” The second attendant told her.  That voice doesn’t understand when you find a place that brings you happiness, you want to stay there.  Peace, quiet, tranquility, this is all she wanted.

            “Sally you need to go back.  They need you down there.  See, they are trying to help you.  Let them.  Don’t fight it.”  Walter was here, he wants me to go down there.  I don’t want to.  “Sally, your family needs you to teach them how to live.  They need you to lead them.” 

            “They don’t need me.  They will do fine.”  Sally told Walter as she turned over and warmed the other side of her body.

            “70 over 45, pulse 45, respirations are still 4 shallow and ragged.  No improvement.”  The first attendant said.

            “Sally we need you to go back down there.”  Walter told her. 

            “Do they really need me?  Is everything going to be alright?”  Sally asked Walter as a little bit of concern leaked into her voice.

            “Sally can you talk to me, can you open your eyes?  How are you feeling Sally?”  The first ambulance attendant asked her.   “Her breathing is increasing to six, still shallow.  I’m taking her BP and pulse now.” 

            “Walter it is really peaceful here and the sunshine, it really is warm.  Just a little while longer please.”  Sally tried to persuade Walter into letting her stay within her sanctuary. 

            “I promise that you will be fine.  Everybody that you come in contact with needs you.”  Walter promised Sally.  “Let me take your hand.  We will walk there together.  Don’t be afraid.   Everything will be ok.”

            “BP is 75 over 50, pulse is 60.  She’s coming back.”  The first ambulance attendant announced.

            “Sally wake up now.  Talk to us please.  Wake up Sally.”  The second ambulance attendant announced. 

            “We are getting closer Walter.  I don’t feel as warm.  You are still warm, why are you still warm?”  Sally asked Walter as they were walking towards the ground.  

            “Sally I am not of this world.  I am only here to bring you back to the accident.  Your people need you.  It is not time for you to come with us.”  Walter explained to Sally.

            Second attendant, “She is starting to move.  What are the vital signs?  Sally can you hear me?  Tell me how you are feeling.”

            “The voice is getting louder am I getting closer to the accident?”  Sally asked Walter. 

            “Respirations 7 and getting stronger, BP is 85 over 64; pulse is getting stronger at 75.  Come on Sally, you can do it.  You’re working hard, keep going.”  The first attendant was getting excited to see Sally fight back. 

            “Walter, what if I need you again?  What if I get lost again? What do I do?”  Sally was starting to get worried.  She wasn’t sure what was coming next.

            “Sally, I will always be here, you simply need to ask.  I have always been here.”  Walter reassured her as he held her hand and kept walking.

            The second attendant had finished tending Sally’s wounds.  “She could have been hurt a lot worse.  She came through this accident without too many problems.  Sally you are a very lucky woman.  Somebody must really love you.” 

            “Sally you need to go on by yourself.  I cannot go any further.  My place is up there and yours is down there.  Now keep walking and I will keep your hand warm.”  Sally starts to walk away from Walter.  Hesitating, and then taking a few steps, hesitating, and then taking a few steps.  “Can you feel the warmth, Sally?” 

            “Walter, I feel the warmth it glows all through me.  I didn’t know the warmth would stay with me.  I will go back.  I will help those who need me.  I will enjoy my life that has been given me.”  She looked back at Walter who was still standing where she had left him and Sally waved goodbye. 

            “Sally, can you hear me?  Where do you hurt?  Can you see me?  Open your eyes.”  The second attendant kept asking Sally questions trying to prompt her into becoming conscious.  

            “She is getting color in her face.  I think she has decided to live.”  The first attendant announced with excitement. 

            Sally started to murmur and her eyes started to open a little.  

            “Hello Sally, how are you feeling?” The second attendant asked her.

            “I feel wonderful.  When I was sleeping I met my angel and he held my hand and kept me warm so I could get back here.”  Sally told the ambulance attendants.

            The second attendant looked Sally in the eyes and said, “Sally the man that saw the accident and called 911 has been holding your hand all this time.  He said not a word and tried not to get in our way, but kept you warm.”

            Sally didn’t think that the attendants understood her.  “No I mean my angel named Walter.  He told me that I had to come back so I could take care of everyone down here.  It wasn’t my time to be up there.”

            The attendants were awe struck.  They really didn’t know what to say.  The first attendant asked the man who saw the accident happen, “What is your name sir?”

            The man sat up still holding Sally’s hand and said, “My name is Walter.”  No one could say anything.  There wasn’t anything to say.  Sally came back because somebody made her feel safe.  Whether an angel or a man we all need to have security and reassurance in our lives.

© 2018 Donna


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

108 Views
Added on April 16, 2018
Last Updated on April 16, 2018
Tags: angel, christian, religious

Author

Donna
Donna

Pittston, ME



About
I started writing about three years ago. In these three years I have written poetry, short stories, flash fiction and a full length novel. I love my husband, daughters and grandsons. I also love to.. more..

Writing
The Ball The Ball

A Story by Donna


The Graveyard The Graveyard

A Story by Donna