Ashen Glory

Ashen Glory

A Story by Gilad Levanon

She often wondered, when she watched him smoke, how he could be so reckless with his life. She turned her nose up at the way he risked his future for the sake of pleasure. Not that he had much of a future, she thought. Still, a small part of her envied the guilty pleasure he so obviously experienced as he puffed the cancer sticks so nonchalantly. His dark features were hardly visible beneath his tattered hood but even though she couldn’t see him directly at the time, she knew he was frighteningly attractive. Not typically handsome, not a ‘pretty boy’ but attractive in an enigmatic and exhilarating way.

 

The smoke curled from the cigarette’s smouldering tip as he savoured the ashen glory in his fingertips. From the corner of his eye, he glimpsed her standing just behind the door.

“Care to join me?” he called, a devious smile curling his lips.

She gave a start and pretended she had been coming outside before he had called her.

 

She made sure she never looked at him for long but every time she was momentarily lost in the confusing thoughts he caused in her, he somehow noticed her. And he always shook it off as casually as if it had never happened. She hated him for it but she couldn’t bring herself to stay away from him.

“No thanks, I was just coming to get some fresh air.”

 

He chuckled quietly and turned to her. She had come to stand right beside him despite her past complaints of how much she hated the smell of smoke. Her responding look of uncertainty and veiled excitement confirmed his final suspicions. His hand drifted to her neck and brought her face close to his.

 

Their lips collided somewhat clumsily; heavy breath and confusing emotion consumed her thoughts. For an everlasting fraction of a moment, her reason and emotion waged a war against one another but as their lips locked the stalemate was decisively shattered. Thoughtless passion coursed through her veins as she gave into the pure rush of the moment.

 

In a blur of charged activity, they tumbled onto the sleeper couch which had been his for the past few weeks. As soon as her hair was ruffled, as soon as her prim and proper attitude was abandoned, as soon as the top button of her school shirt was unbuttoned, she looked like a different person. He felt as though a hidden part of her had been revealed " the part that had always attracted him. Her blonde hair had escaped the ponytail to cascade about her excited face. Her blue eyes were bright and lively like he had never seen and her sensual lips were parted, breathing perceptibly. She was elating. Without consideration for any consequences, he tore through the buttons of her shirt and pressed his lips against her neck.

 

She gasped, clutched his shoulders and bit her lip. She felt his reaction to her pleasure as his hands floated to her waist and under her skirt. Once again, she shed her inhibitions and moaned quietly, fingers running along his back and the bed beneath her. She felt as though she had given into her primal side, her personal being of instinct, impulse and pleasure. It was invigorating and exhausting all at once as she gave herself to the moment with everything she had.

 

A natural side of her had emerged, a side which responded to the right urges. Her hands absently unbuttoned his jeans and slipped to where he was most sensitive. She was making all the right movements without knowing anything from experience. He gave himself a silent pat on the back. Of all his sexual escapades, none had felt as rhythmic and real as this. He slipped down and introduced his tongue to her in a new way.

 

Now she screamed in ecstasy as new feelings were abruptly revealed to her. Her spine arched and her nails dug into the mattress and a drop of sweat fell from her forehead. She dropped back onto the bed and felt a sense of supreme contentedness crashing over her senses.

 

She would be thinking it was over. He knew that. But he also knew it was far from over. In a single swift movement he returned his lips to hers as he entered her.

 

She bit his lip and wrapped her legs around him as her senses were intoxicated anew. She moved with his rhythm, she bit his neck and ran her fingers over his skin. She was no longer herself. She was a being of the moment, a being of lust and pleasure like no-one had ever experienced.

 

Her moans and gasps punctuated by his kisses and hers, the feeling of her hips moving with his, the heat of her body pressed against him. She was unbelievably suited to him. She was pure pleasure.

 

Gradually it accelerated, it intensified, it increased and reached a moment of blazing, glorious crescendo. Her entire body was flooded with an inexplicable pleasure, a resounding explosion of love.

 

They collapsed side by side, chests heaving, faces glowing with a smile of the eyes. He reached over casually, grabbed the pack of filters he always had nearby, slapped the bottom of the package so two cigarettes were protruding conveniently. He lit them with a single match and handed one to her, a devious smile curling his lips as she took the glowing piece of mischief without question and puffed it quietly.


© GILAD LEVANON 2011

© 2011 Gilad Levanon


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

121 Views
Added on September 27, 2011
Last Updated on October 13, 2011

Author

Gilad Levanon
Gilad Levanon

South Africa



About
I'm interested in finding the ultimate question. I know the answer's 42 but "What is six times seven?" doesn't satisfy me. more..

Writing