Taylor Mc Kenzie News – Mobile fraud

Taylor Mc Kenzie News – Mobile fraud

A Story by ginger bae
"

Nowadays, people have their eyes glued on their mobile devices. It is unquestionable that as the years passed, the mobile industry has gotten better and better. Back in the day, mobile phones are only

"

Nowadays, people have their eyes glued on their mobile devices. It is unquestionable that as the years passed, the mobile industry has gotten better and better. Back in the day, mobile phones are only used for call and SMS. Now, mobile devices can now be used not only for communication but also for social media and entertainment.

Mobile devices have become fun and handy. Even information can now be reached by your fingertips. You don’t need a computer just to browse the internet. Connect your mobile phone on the internet and start browsing.

As the mobile technology improves, many problems transpired too. Minor dilemmas such as software and hardware problems were experienced by users. Worst, some mobile users have experienced being fooled by hoax companies who want to prey on easy targets.

HOW DOES THIS MOBILE SCAM WORKS?

There are different types of scams but how the tricksters work is quite similar. They contact mobile phone users via phone call or email.

When a naïve user responds to their bait, that’s how the scam will start rolling. In Japan, there were scams that started since 2002. There had been numerous complaints that they have been scammed over a phone call. Their technique is called as “wangiri.” Pornographic telephone services are often responsible for this illegal encounter.

Their method involves calling the victims at random by using special electronic devices which allows them to call thousands of numbers in a few minutes. They will only ring once before disconnecting. It will leave a “missed call” or message from an unknown number. Out of curiosity, some people will return the call. A recorded message will be played to lure the callers. Expensive per-minute rates for the duration of the calls will be billed for those who choose to remain on the line.

RATIFIED LAWS AGAINST MOBILE FELONY

Japanese researchers at Nagoya University and Fujitsu developed software due to the increasing rate of complaints about fraud mobile operation. It can detect if someone is trying to scam the mobile user. The software is installed on the mobile device which analyzes the victim’s voice pitch and volume. It can classify if the victim is over trusting the person on the other line. The software has a 90 percent success rate at detecting fraud operations such as fake anti-virus and remittance phishing.

The result of the scam brought a negative impact not just on their capital, Tokyo, but throughout Japan’s telephone networks. Their government enacted laws against the practice and penalize those who will be apprehended to one year imprisonment or a fine of 1 million yen.

To prevent from being scammed, buy from trusted sellers like Taylor Mc Kenzie. People should also be careful in giving out their contact details to strangers. Check out the trust ratings of the website before you provide any personal information such as credit card numbers. You don’t want to risk leaving any private details on phishing websites. Review the reliability of the vendor before you buy a mobile product or create any transaction online or even over the phone.

© 2018 ginger bae


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

34 Views
Added on April 12, 2018
Last Updated on April 12, 2018
Tags: mobile, shopping




Know That I Too
We are never alone (a poem for mental health month)
Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5