Chapter 19

Chapter 19

A Chapter by Joseph LaBarge

It was 5am when jack heard a knocking at the door. It was Jake. Jake was very upset Jake proceeded to tell Jack about the events of the evening how the group was doomed, how Jake was really as it turned out a spy, and Anna had left a few hours previous. Jack of course was not surprised. He had seen this all coming. Jack after all had perspective. And one of the e benefits of having perspective is the ability to see things coming. Well that and Anna had already called and told him of the evening advancements prior to Jakes visit. 

 

                Jack was not upset. He had after all managed to find pie, and at this point was relatively calm. Jack knew that as a result of all this he would need to leave the hotel. And preferably the Americas, but for the moment he was in no real hurry. He after all had done nothing wrong, and had always made sure to keep his conversation focused on pie. Yes he knew what Anna was doing, yes he knew where Anna was going, and of course he was going to tell the authorities. Jack had no reason to lie; he didn’t want to spend time in prison. From all that he heard, among other things, that there was a notorious lack of pastries in prison. And at the moment really wasn’t eager to find out.

 

So jack after Jake had left his hotel room had decided to take a nap. It wasn’t twenty minutes later that Jack found himself in an impromptu interrogation cell surrounded by what he took for intentionally menacing Agents.

 

Agent 1; you will cooperate.

 

Jack: I’m happy too.

 

Agent 2: You will tell us everything.

 

Jack: of course.

 

Agent 1: If you refuse we will send you away for a long time.

 

Jack: Seriously can we skip all this, I want to cooperate, and I will tell you everything, from the beginning. More than happy too.

 

Agent 1: No we will make you tell us

 

Jack: but I want to

 

Agent 2: why

 

Jack: I want to.

 

Agent 2: no there has to be a reason

 

Jack: no reason, just want to. I feel like chatting, you know this and that.

 

Agent 1: that’s not how this works. We ask the questions.

 

Jack; Ok

 

Agent 2: Do you know or have you ever known a person under the assumed name of  Annabelle Bridgette Johnson, also known as Anna B Johnson, also known as Anne John, also known as Bridgette, also known as Annie.

 

Jack: People call her Annie. And walk away (subject laughs) i'll have to remember that one

 

Agent 1: answer the question.

 

Jack: Yes, I know Annie (subject laughs again) 

 

Agent: Were you  or are you presently aware of the fact that Annabelle Bridgette Johnson  was and is at this time associated with deliberate acts of destruction  and defacement of electronic property of the united states government, and agents there in, belonging to the entity of  (business removed).

 

Jack; yes I am aware she hacked into the I.R.S. and destroyed the last 25 years of tax documentation for (business removed), and then proceeded to destroy all financial records of (business removed) on all government servers, and (business name removed) servers, as well as any and all licensing for them to do business in and or out of the united states. If I recall she also (censored) up their (censored) on the Chinese servers to.

 

Agent 2; were you or are you aware…

 

Jack: yes I know everything she did. I know she drained all of their cash holdings, liquidated their stock, and exchanged it into several foreign currencies and into several off shore accounts. I also know though you probably do not, that she has excavated the remains of (name withheld) the founder of (business withheld) and is currently driving them in an ice cream truck toward the corporate office in (location withheld).

 

Agent 1: and how long have you known this.

 

Jack: I just found out an hour ago when she called me from a payphone. She told me to tell you. She also told me to tell you she planned on returning everything, with a receipt.



© 2013 Joseph LaBarge


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

195 Views
Added on December 14, 2013
Last Updated on December 14, 2013


Author

Joseph LaBarge
Joseph LaBarge

ID



About
I am a lapsed anarchist with a Dadaist sense of humor. I am horrible with punctuation, grammar, and spelling. I do not believe in form or reasonableness. My writing tends to contain contradictions and.. more..

Writing