Fat Friend

Fat Friend

A Poem by Miss Sally Sunshine

My weight has always been a challenge.

I'm not fat, just a bit chubby.

 

But I'm the fat friend.

Come on, we all have one.

 

The one that's not perfect.

Not stick thin.

 

I'm the fat friend.

 

I just want to lose some weight.

15 or 20 pounds.

 

To be able to walk around

in a bikini, comfertable in my skin

 

Remarks have been made,

a lot by myself

 

I'm the fat friend.

 

I probably wont eat,

but just for a day or two

 

Burging seems tempting,

but I don't want to puke.

 

I don't want to be anorexic

or bulimic, just lose some weight.

 

I'm the fat friend.

 

I claw at my flub

Hoping it will disappear.

 

Just melt off and

I'll be thin.

 

I laugh and make jokes

about my flub, but

 

I'm the fat friend.

 

I just want to be

comfertable in my skin.

 

To not be self-conscience

To bear my skin and be happy.

 

But how do I do this?

Lose this weight?

 

I'm the fat friend,

 

and I want to be thin.

 

 

© 2011 Miss Sally Sunshine


Author's Note

Miss Sally Sunshine
Sorry for the genaric teen poem. But it's how I feel. And I don't want any sympathies. I dont want to have an eating disorder, but if it's the only way to get thin then *shrugs*... My friends and I agrue about beauty. They say that people are stupid and that thin doesn't equal beauty, but they don't see my side of the problem. I don't care about being "prettier" or something, I just want to be comfertable in my own skin. I had lost some weight, about four pounds in a week, but then in one day I gained all that back plus one pound!!! And I didn't even eat that much!! God!! Is really to much to ask to be thin and comfertable? Is that really too much to ask? Well I guess so...

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is like a punch to my heart. This poem completely describes me. I'm glad you wrote this, because it's very true, and very sad. Excellent poem.

Posted 12 Years Ago


okay, so, starting an eating disorder seems a little darastic here, especially for just 15 or 20 lbs. i have a friend whos suffering from anorexia and shes being forced into being homeschooled because theyre afraid going to school will make her relapse. trust me, its ridiculous. just start eating healthier and exercising and being hydrated, and in a few weeks (not just one, but like a month or so) you'll see results. but being healthy is a constant thing; crash dieting isnt going to help you, and yeah, it will make you gain the weight back - and more. but i do like your poem, its really really good actually. just look at the realities. and btw, dont compare yourself to others. compare yourself, to yourself. 'comparing leads to the loss of contentment and the gain of resentment.' we learned that in my church yesterday lol. okay im done with my rant now. (: best of luck!

Posted 12 Years Ago


i can understnad you im in the same position especially when it comes to dresses and this pretty dress doesnt fit you its annoying really annoying !! but just all the reviews said just accept how you are even you feel like that an advice that i cant even take it myself but great write!:)

Posted 12 Years Ago


Aww Dont feel bad I am the fat friend too. x) Great job expressing yourself

Posted 12 Years Ago


Omigawd, are you stalking me?
Yesma'am, this is the story of my life. And you described it very well. Well done, my good friend~

Posted 12 Years Ago


Aww. I can relate a lot to this. When I was twelve I was going through a really awkward stage-I had pimples, glasses, frizzy hair and I was actually really overweight.
And as cheesy as it sounds, just love you for you! I mean, look at Kim Kardashian. She isn't skinny and people still think shes beautiful.
But overall, this poem was great and very relateable. We have all felt like this once or twice in our lives. Great write :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


Thanks Kelly :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


Gabz! It doesn't matter what you look like on the outside, but the inside. I've never seen you, but I know that on the inside you are nice, and funny, and sweet! That's what matters-- especially to me! :) And even if you think you're fat, you'll ALWAYS be beautiful to me. :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


I really like the flow on this, and guessing you don't want sympathy, I'll just simply review it! :D I love how you repeated the line "I'm the fat friend"...it added a lot of intensity & emotion to the poem. Although, as stated, a "generic" teen poem you made it not so generic by being unique and actually making a..well, decent poem out of said, "generic subject" :) good piece :) I love it!

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

141 Views
9 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on May 18, 2011
Last Updated on May 18, 2011

Author

Miss Sally Sunshine
Miss Sally Sunshine

With Draco Malfoy, be jealous >:D, MA



About
Hello! So I'm fifteen and my name is Gabby. I'm on almost never and there are reasons for that. One mainly that I've grown up and simple moved on. But anyways. I'll be checking on every once and a whi.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


You. You.

A Poem by kasanova