Dear Olivia

Dear Olivia

A Story by Demure Penumbra
"

This was written for everyone who's ever lost someone that was their reason for waking up in the morning.

"

Dear Olivia,

I see the light of a million summers dance across your face, and it strikes me just how beautiful death really is because you’ve never looked as happy as you do right now. I remember the times you would sit in my arms, and we’d laugh at anything just to forget. You’re eyes have saved me more times than you will ever know. I can’t be mad at you. I’m not mad at you. But did you ever think how I would feel sitting beside your grave? Did you ever consider that maybe you weren’t here for you? You were here for me. And now you’re gone. You’ve taken me with you and left a shell here on this earth. How could you imagine that I’d ever live without you? You left me a note on your last day, and this is mine. This is my suicide note adressed to a girl who’s already dead. But I’m not dying today. Not really. This shell is just going to stop breathing. I died the day you left. It only took my body a little while to figure out that my soul was no longer here. My soul is with you, floating through the stars where we always wished to be.

Love, Ryan

© 2013 Demure Penumbra


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

189 Views
Added on June 15, 2013
Last Updated on June 15, 2013
Tags: dear, olivia, dear olivia, suicide, sad, depression

Author

Demure Penumbra
Demure Penumbra

Wherever the Wind May Blow , NJ



About
I'm 18, but somehow I'm infinitely older and infinitely younger at the same time. I cannot describe myself because I do not know myself. I am an enigma that not even I have solved, and I hope I never .. more..

Writing