Chapter 4

Chapter 4

A Chapter by MusicandWritingFan

School was a horror Monday because everyone at school kept on looking at me even Chelsea Parker, one of the cheerleader's from school asked me "since when do you wear red lipstick, loser."
I didn't say anything back I just simply turned her red lipstick into a red gooey liquid mess all over her purse which she did not notice but later on she will. I laughed covering my face so that way she wouldn't see me. 
"Miss McGowen, why are you wearing sunglasses to school? I believe there is a strict school policy about not wearing sunglasses, except if they are glasses, is that correct?
Miss Taylor stood next to her desk so close to her that she could almost smell her teachers perfume. I tried not to look up at everyone, feeling embarrassed at what was about to happen to me. 
"Take them off now, Iris." 
Not wanting to argue I did just that. I knew everyone was looking at me, some whispering about me I knew it. Some laughing, "oh look whose trying to attract more attention." Someone whispered close to me were I was siting. 
"Miss Mcgowen, strong make-up is not allowed in this school, now I advise you to go to the restroom and take off that make-up from your face, as well as the contact lenses we only accept clear ones, Iris not colored ones; it is inappropriate for school."
"It does not take off, it is permanent, Miss Taylor." I told her honestly with confidence. 
"What do you mean it is permanent?"She looked at me confused and strict. 
"It is! And I am not wearing contact lenses."
"Then why are your eyes an odd green color?" She looked at me still confused but with curiousness. "Because as far as I have seen you have brown eyes, Iris, not dark green." 
I went to the front of the class. Everyone looking at me weirdly and bizarre as if I was some form of unknown specie, some starring at my extreme and odd features on my face. I gave a deep sigh as I was prepared to tell them.

"Because I am a human fairy. I did not know before until my Aunt and Dad told me the truth, and as you can see my fairy features are appearing now."

The majority of the class looked at me with shock, some with disbelief thinking I was just joking around, except for Miss Taylor, she was gazing at me with utter amazement.

I was suddenly relieved to hear the bell ring so that I can escape from this madness. I was about to leave, wearing my sunglasses back on when Miss Taylor stops me at the entrance door.

"I want to speak with you for a few minutes, Iris." Amazement and eagerness clouding her face.

"Listen! I was not joking around. What I was saying is true and if you do not believe me, or can't then it's not my fault. I'll just do homeschooling to finish the rest of my Senior year of high school."

"I believe you Iris, for I believe in fairies; actually I have believed in them ever since I was a child and would even be able to see them everyday, outside during my playtime hours. I would mostly see them play in my Mother's flower garden, I had really fun times playing with them, talking to them that sometimes my parents thought that it was just a big imagination that I had, when in truth I was able to see them. Once I turned sixteen and preoccupied myself with school, boys, and my friends; I saw less often and then was not able to see them anymore."

"That's neat Miss Taylor but what does this have to do with me?" I asked her confused.

"I am really interested in what you just mentioned to the whole class, I've never heard before of human fairies, can you explain to me?"

"I'm sorry but I actually don't know anything about that. Now I am leaving." I stormed out of the classroom as quick as possible before she could stop me again.



© 2014 MusicandWritingFan


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

MWF, I don't like the ending of this chapter. It seems forced. I don't think she normally would have stormed out of her teacher's room, since the teacher was being understanding and helpful. A child or teenager in that position would be starved for an adult to understand and be accepting. It doesn't seem natural to me that she would have just run away....

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

MusicandWritingFan

9 Years Ago

Yeah I realized that:) I need to work on this story more carefully and make it better, Thanks though.. read more
Bright Ocean Star

9 Years Ago

It is good, though. Really good. Keep working on it and I'm sure it will be great. Take care MWF... read more



Reviews

MWF, I don't like the ending of this chapter. It seems forced. I don't think she normally would have stormed out of her teacher's room, since the teacher was being understanding and helpful. A child or teenager in that position would be starved for an adult to understand and be accepting. It doesn't seem natural to me that she would have just run away....

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

MusicandWritingFan

9 Years Ago

Yeah I realized that:) I need to work on this story more carefully and make it better, Thanks though.. read more
Bright Ocean Star

9 Years Ago

It is good, though. Really good. Keep working on it and I'm sure it will be great. Take care MWF... read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

173 Views
1 Review
Added on April 30, 2014
Last Updated on May 1, 2014
Tags: Iris McGowen: Human Fairy, fantasy, fairies, fiction


Author

MusicandWritingFan
MusicandWritingFan

La Habra , CA



About
Hello my name is Jasmine Pena and I am a 22 year-old college student pursuing B.A. in Creative Writing/Fiction. I love to read books of every genre especially Fantasy and Fiction. I am currently growi.. more..

Writing