Contract

Contract

A Story by Mad Hatter

 

Ella stood on the unmoving earth beneath her feet, watching as the bright, vivid star shot across the sky.  She was dwarfed within the elevated presence of the high glorious night above, and watched as all the planets twinkled in the nightly presence.  The white full moon brightened the black abyss as the millions of stars scattered.  How big was the moon? From down here its thick circular motion was genuinely a quarter on top of a giant desk.  But within the distance of 238, 800 miles would she still be able to fit the small circle in between the pinch of her finger and thumb? What would it be like to touch the rocky surface and feel spaces wonderment through the very tip of finger tips? Her alone?  The warm breeze flew through her dark, long hair as she interpreted a place of no wind and gravity colliding.

 Whatever majestic dreams she had laid upon herself for the future were quickly interrupted by the snickering of a menacing mirth.  She removes her eyes from wide open sky and places them on the man before her. He gives her a smile of mockery, making her insides twitch with five thousand needles of different emotions stab through her.  He is pleasantly dressed in an elegance of a black tuck suit and white color shirt, tied together with a bow around his neck.  His hair was as black and raven as space itself, making his skin as pale as a corpse while his eyes spawned bright hazel.  He seemed as though he was around her age, about twenty-three, if not lower.  He was a gorgeous creature, in which for a moment threw Ella in a lustful stage before remembering the deceitful deed of business between the two of them.

            He licked his lips.  His amusement filled her with disgust. “Tick tock, tick tock.  Time is up my dear,” he said.

            She nodded, “Let’s get this done.”  He rubbed his hands together, with a look of accomplishment on his face. “So this is what you do? You wait till the most desperate moment in a person’s life and you embellish on their weakness, devouring their humanity?”

            He laughs, “My dear, I simply only offer the children candy.  I do not hold a gun over their heads and tell them to take it.”

            “You’re a monster!” She glares at him with intense hatred.

            “Am I? What impact did I have on this?  It was your vocal cords that strung together to make that one simple word of ‘yes.’  I did not play them like a lullaby, forcing the words out of your mouth.  You handed yourself over to me.”

            “I was thirteen.”

            “So?” He rose his eyebrows in a parody of a question he seemed to already know the answer to.  To him this looked like a joke.

            “I was-”

            ‘I was young. I was reckless. You should have known better!’ Blah, blah, blah,” he sticks his tongue out at her in mockery callow way. “Well if you’re so mature now, why are you blaming me and not blaming yourself?  Who cares if you were young? You don’t jump into a science experiment without agreeing to the terms. You knew what you were getting into. Don’t deny deary! You’re a child who got their toy taken away from them because they were naughty towards the other children, and now you’re blaming the adults. Don’t pretend you’re gods little angel,” He point towards the sky. “Sadly, but surely he would agree with me on this one.”

            A little light went on in the back of her mind, as something of guilt proceeded within her stomach.  But it was not strong enough to overthrow the rebellion she felt.  Her life shouldn’t have had to end like this.  The hurt and the pain shoot up like fireworks, filling up the sky of her imagination as it rains down out of her eyes in a hot flow of tears. 

            She tried to speak through her cracked up little voice, “It wasn’t supposed to be like this.  I was supposed to get married.  I was supposed to pursue my career as an astronomer. I was supposed to have children of my own. I have a life ahead of me! My mother always tolled me that I would one day grow old.  That I would have grandchildren of my own, and that I would look back on my life, sit their on the porch, on my rocking chair, knitting socks, while my husband sat beside me, and together we’d watch the sunset go down.  What is this? I don’t die. I don’t want to go to hell! Please? Please?!”

            “Sorry, deary.  A deal is a deal.  The death of your abusive, worthless, scum bag of an uncle was clearly more important to you then your soul.”

            “But he-he-h-he…he raped me. And my cousin.  No one would believe us.” She stumbled through the words as she opened up the secret, dark door of a memory that was lost inside her mind.

            “You humans are always in a state of desperation.  I offer the freedom! You should know better when you’re shaking hands with the devil.”  He offers his hand to her in a gentle manner.  “Whenever you are ready,” There was a softness to his voice, that, for a moment, outdid the rest of his immoral form.  She did not buy it for a second.  “You’re a real trickster.  You will not fool me.”

            His laughter in deep snickers and malignant sneers pierce through night sky.  He tries to talk but chokes on the giggles bursting through.  “I already have! Isn’t that the beauty of it! You call me the villain, but you all seem to forget that, like you, I see a reflection of myself as a victim.  I’m the temptation. You have the neurons in your body to stop yourself from touching me, yet you do it anyways and let it flame upon me.” He shakes his head in disappointment.  “Silly, silly, silly you humans are.” He takes out his pocket watch from within his jacket and gasps sarcastically at the time.  “Oh, time is running out! Time to go! I have other appointments to make.”

            Ella looked upon the stars one last time as she knowingly knew that it would be the last time the moon would shine for her.  She reached up as she felt the particles of space surround her skin.  Whatever mysteries divided above and beyond was clearly never meant to be unleashed to her knowledge.

© 2012 Mad Hatter


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Oh my, don't make a contract you will regret...you should continue this story. Even though it seems it wouldn't go too far.

Posted 11 Years Ago


good story. I like it a lot.

Posted 12 Years Ago


really good i like it :D

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

231 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 3, 2012
Last Updated on March 3, 2012

Author

Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Wonderland, Down the rabbit hole, Canada



About
Hey! I'm 18 and i am perferably hoping to get into screenplay writing, or if not then become a writer. My Genre's usually are psychologicals, horrors, thrillers, or depressing poetry. But I do like .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..