Chapter one: Thus, we met

Chapter one: Thus, we met

A Chapter by KanameMadoka
"

If you guys have name suggestion i would take it too I'm Chinese so i used a Chinese name but i would say a American name is better for English version

"

"I'm home," as usual, I returned home pretty early after school. Unlike most of my classmates, I did not participate in any club. I didn’t have any special myself, and I didn’t know how to deal with people, so at the end, i became a member of “go home club”.

"Welcome back, Miss Xinyan."

Heard i’m home, nearest maid greet me with a trace of panic.

Behind her, every maid i saw were running around with anxious looking on their face.

"did you find it!"

"It’s not here either."

"What happened, why is everyone running?"

Looked at their panicking faces, I asked what had happened.

"This is because ......" the maid hesitantly answered.

"Miss Xinyan," At this time the head maid came over "the edible girl that master bought last week has gone missing, we don’t have the access to controller and master is not home yet. So everyone is busy looking for it."

"Oh, so ah, you keep looking, I’ll go back to my room now."

"Yes, miss Xinyan."

the head maid Bowed to me, then went back to the search.

I’ve not seen her since the day she was bought, nor did i know where she lived. Well, back then I did not mind it anyways. In my eyes, she was just a livestock that was brought home to ensure it’s quality before putting it on our dining table one day as our meal.

But as i got to my room, I was stunned by what I saw.

Inside my room, there were an intruder standing there reading my book, as if it’s her own home.

The intruder was not a human, she had smooth white hair, red eyes, and beautiful pale skin. Human like yet inhuman, the edible girl A-0107.

"ummm, hi, who are you?"

As she heard the sound of me opening door, A-0107 putted the book down, asked surprising.

"I think that should be my line ..." well, like usual, people can’t  remember me,"I’m Xinyan Yao, and this is my room here. What are you doing in my room?" Strode to her her, I pinched her cheeks and asked.

"I'm sorry, awe… I’m so so sorry."

She rubbed her cheeks that dyed red by my pinch, and replied with a smile.

"Umm, there were nothing inside my room, was kinda boring staying there, so I thought that maybe i should go check around the house. I end up lost in this huge huge house. And before i even notice, i was already inside this room.This house is so big, bigger then the way it looked  from outside."

With her innocent smile, I could not help but felt speechless.

"Do you understand your situation."

"uhum?"

And i thought, this one is a true idiot... Well, I turned on my ignore mode, nothing to do with me anyways.

I sat on the couch, picked my pillow and started to nap. However, A-0107 suddenly start to talk.

"So, this is Xinyan’s room, you got a lot of books here."

I could barely remember anyone call me by my first name except my parents. Somewhat with A-0107 calling my first name i did not feel anything strange at all.

"So Xinyan is a good kid who loves reading?"

"Not really, it’s nothing but to kill some time so i can stay away from loneliness and boredom. And dare you call me kid again, you look no older then me."

I do not know why, but with her innocent smile, you can’t refuse to answer her.

By the way, back then i was a very lonely kid. School or home, always reading alone. I was really afraid of communicating with others, I could barely respond when other people tried to talk to me. Even when class were doing group work, I would only do minimum talking in order to exchange necessary informations. Because of the way I act i had no friend, alone all by myself. However, this did not affect my performance at school, so my parents did not care too much, or should i say they did not even notice my situation back then.

"I can be your friend!"

"Dafuq?"

"Till the day I become your dinner, I’ll be your friend."

That was the first time in a while "someone" wants to be a friend of mine.

"Hey hey, you have so many book here, recommend me one~..."

"I didn’t say you are my friend yet."

"Guess I’ll pick one myself then. Ummm, so many books, which one should i pick~ ..."

Watch at her carefully picking the book, I could not help but felt curious.

"Umm, one thing I want to ask you."

"Well? What do you wanna know?"

At the time I didn’t think if the question was appropriate to ask.

"Do you not feeling afraid? Being killed, made into meal, and get eaten by human."

She turned over to me with the smile still on her face.

"Ah, of course, not gonna lie. I'm kinda afraid." She paused a bit, then continued, "But that is my reason of living. For us edible human, the highest happiness is to be made into delicious foods, then be eaten. "

"If you say so..."

That's when I realized, A-0107 and I was totally opposite of existence. I was born in one of the best family possible, my father was finance minister in the world's fifth-largest electronics manufacturers. Ever since i was a child, I could get anything I want as long as it’s marked with a price. In most people’s eyes, my future is bright. Excellent school performance, a wide range of skills, hard working and love to read. There are also rumors around that I can enter inherited my father's position. But in reality, I’m afraid of the surrounding, and i had to immerse myself in a sea of ​​books. Occasionally, in order to ease the pressure, I would even secretly cut myself, only when I watch my blood flow out, I can really feel alive. In contrast, A-0107 had a very short life, she looks like my age, and soon it will be the end of her life, becoming a meal of others on the table. No name, bones thrown into landfills and crushed with garbages. Even with such a fate, she is still cheerful looking forward. And i thought, maybe she is more fit to live in this house then me.

That day, after maid brought A-0107 back to her room, I could not helped but cut myself.



© 2015 KanameMadoka


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

93 Views
Added on August 18, 2015
Last Updated on August 18, 2015