Sneak Peek

Sneak Peek

A Chapter by Damon Favreau

A distant scream. Not just any scream. HER scream. Nails on a chalkboard...that feeling that your ears are bleeding. I see her; she's under the elm tree. Suddenly I'm close enough to see the tears running down her face, and her eyes...purple.
"AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!" [screaming together]
"Oh f**k! God damn it Draven! Are you okay?"
"Yeah baby, just had the dream again...but..."
"But what?"
"Nothing...just seemed more vivid this time, Rain."
"Draven, you always say that. Plus, it's like, seven in the afternoon. It's a little early for these shenanigans!" Rain pouted with that cute look on her face like I took the last piece of her chocolate cake or something. I giggled a little bit.
"RAWR!" I said pouncing on her with a constricting hug, tickling her a little bit.
"Oh Draven! Such a dork...do you even know?"
"Ohhh, I know" I said with a smirk, kissing her forehead and climbing out of my mangled bed, black sheets a twister of wrack. Pulling on my grey slim straight skinnies, Rain watched, fixing her long black hair and flipping it from her beautiful green eyes. she traced along the tribal tattoo along my spine, giving me shivers.
"Raaaiiin! OOOhoo you know what that does.."
"Sorry!" She said shyly, "When did you get this one? I'm just curious..."
"I don't know actually...I was probably drunk or something of the matter. I've had it since I was eighteen though."
"It's so sexy," she said biting her lip, "you know...we have a couple hours until night time..."
I glanced at the steampunk clock on my wall that read half after the number.
"So it seems..." I whispered, surprising her with a kiss.
~~An hour after the number~~
"Hey Rain, let me see your halfie."
"Okie dokie baby" She said with an exhausted smile, handing me her lit cigarette. Lighting mine with hers, I handed it back and took a large drag.
"Baby, these are going to kill us one day."
"No Draven, you will one day from a heart attack of the shenanigan caliber." I frowned. "It's okay babe. I didn't mean it like that..."
"You're right though! It's starting to get worse." I flicked my drained butt into a puddle on the ground.
"Hey."
"Yeah Rain?"
"Guess what?"
"Oh s**t...what?"
"It's Halloween!"
"You always know how to cheer me up." I smiled, "What would I do without you?"
Rain began counting on her fingers.
"Lets see...you would have had some intense video game moments, there's that time I ate your Taco Bell in the fridge..."
"Haha you a*s!" I exclaimed throwing a dandelion at her. "Okay, lets go. My curiosity calls."
We hopped into my beatup car, hooking up my ipod and booming the stereo to My Chemical Romance.


© 2012 Damon Favreau


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

184 Views
Added on November 1, 2012
Last Updated on November 1, 2012


Author

Damon Favreau
Damon Favreau

Spokane, WA



About
Collector of vintage lighters. Energy-filled sex-demon. Coffee enthusiast. Electronica entrepreneur. more..

Writing