Becoming a Vampire

Becoming a Vampire

A Story by Damon Favreau
"

This is a dream that I had.

"

 

The fateful mourning began at around six o' clock, with the mourning dew still crystallized to the Autumn grass with no light to warm it. I was at school conversing with my best friends: Seth, Adam, and Kimi. There was a tension between us, I could see it in their blue-gray eyes; something was surely troubling them. But as I proposed the problem, our conversation halted with a metallic clatter; Five minutes left to get to English class. Then I realized that English class was on the other side of the school, so it only seemed reasonable to take a shortcut through the gardens rather than the crowded hallways of the concrete jungle. The gardens were beautiful; the hedges perfectly trimmed into tall cubes, and the bright red roses glazed with frost. There was a snap of a branch to my right and I quickly turned my head, startled. Nobody was there. Then as I looked forward, there she was. Kimi was a wonder. Her long, dark brown hair flowed with a slight breeze,her loose-fitting, black clothes hung in the humid air, and her bare feet glimmered with the sparkling grass. But what drew me in most was her sympathetic eyes. Simply stunning. Just inches from my face, she tilted my head to the side and bit down with her bright white fangs. It was pleasuring to be reaped of my blood. I was paralyzed with wonder; I dared not to move. When she was finished with my dying body, she gently layed me down on the garden's marble bench and slowly walked away. My sight darkened with pain and I fainted. Some time later, Seth and Adam woke me up. They acted as if nothing happened, but I could see right through their lies. I excused myself from further education that day, and went to my small apartment on top of the ten-story building and I slept. But the darkness I awoke to was like no other. Kimi opened my coffin that lay in her house, and at last, I was accepted.

© 2008 Damon Favreau


Author's Note

Damon Favreau
I finished the rough draft today, so I changed the old short story with this improved one.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I like the story. Where are you going with all this great imagery?

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

317 Views
4 Reviews
Added on November 20, 2008
Last Updated on November 30, 2008
Previous Versions

Author

Damon Favreau
Damon Favreau

Spokane, WA



About
Collector of vintage lighters. Energy-filled sex-demon. Coffee enthusiast. Electronica entrepreneur. more..

Writing
Sneak Peek Sneak Peek

A Chapter by Damon Favreau