2- Karma

2- Karma

A Chapter by Riki
"

From Karma's point of view (Sorry it's short) Please review :3

"

The outside air is heavy with the promise of winter. It cuts through my clothes like an icy knife. I wrap my arms around me tightly, trying to conserve my body’s warmth. I head for my home, uncertain if my family will be there or not. What will I do if the Scolaris have gotten to our house first? Theres no way my family will take me in if I show up to the house right now. The penalty for hiding a fugitive is death.


Soon I make it to my house, only to find all the lights are off. My family must be at the inquisition hall in the center of town. Probably being interrogated by the Aimas. I feel bad for them but I know that they’ll be released soon, since I didn’t tell them I was running away and I didn’t tell them where I was going.

When I ran away from the auction, I left everything behind. My home, my family, my name. As of right now I’m alone in the world. No one in my town will help me, neither will any of my family. I've brought this on myself, though. So I really can’t complain.


Even if I hadn’t of run away, I would still be alone. I would have been sold to an Aima family to work and to be food for them, and I would of course have been renamed. I would have never seen my home town, friends or family again. So I never had much to lose.

I enter my former home through the back door, sighing in relief as the door opens. At least my mom forgot to lock the door like always. I step quietly into the dark space, trying not to make any noise in case someone is still here.  When I make it to my room, my eyes are more accustomed to the darkness. I can see the faint outlines of my possessions.


I don’t dare try to turn on any lights in case I might alert an aima of my presence in the house. I quickly grab my backpack from the floor and stuff it full of clothes. I take a few books with me then head into the kitchen. There I begin filling the rest of the bag with canned foods. I decide to bring along a bag of chips and a box or two of cookies. I step back out the door and once again into the cool air of the night.

 

I follow the dirt road leading out of town, Careful to keep to the side and out of view. I don’t want to leave the town ive lived in my whole life, but I really don’t have a choice. My shoulders begin to shake as I think about my life here. Its all gone now. Because of them. The scolaris are going to pay for this, I swear. 



© 2014 Riki


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

109 Views
Added on June 18, 2014
Last Updated on June 18, 2014


Author

Riki
Riki

Writing
1- Karma 1- Karma

A Chapter by Riki


Dark Dreams Dark Dreams

A Book by Riki