Coming soon to a reality near you

Coming soon to a reality near you

A Stage Play by c.harrison.grant
"

Once again I have taken phalanges to qwerty, this time to express my views on the current state of politics in America

"
And with that, there came the end. And it was the End. Not brought about by something as trivial as splitting the atom on a grand scale. But by the death of all things John Wayne. And as the wealthy waltzed their last decadent dance, casting pitying glances at the ninety-nine percenters who toiled in their trenches or loitered against their picket signs, the vainglorious giant wretched forth it's noble spirit into the unwelcoming ether. 
Angry slogans and hollow promises still echoed through the now empty halls of what blind men once called Justice. A mighty war had been raged with words, and mutual destruction had been assured. And as the remaining two Generals counted out their twenty paces, turned and fired, each knew in the hole where his heart had once been, that his side had been in the right. And if the history books would one day dispute their righteousness, then they would simply put an end to History. For how could there be a victory if there were no boot lick subservients to lord over and toss the bones of spoil to? So, being the last of their vicious kind, they perished together, their cowards blood mixing with that of the true heroes, running in rivulets to the red, rising sea.
                          The Great Dragon was mortally wounded, and it raised it's armored head a final time to launch it's last inferno, igniting the world around it, with no regard to friend or foe, only wishing not to die alone. And in the far reaches of this now blackened world, where for ions the great beast has been emulated and revered, for once it was a beauty to behold, a thousand civilizations burned, fires sparked by the death throes of the glorious monster that had held their lives in it's iron grip. And so, again I say, this is the End. Good night, sweet Democracy, may you rest in peace.

© 2013 c.harrison.grant


Author's Note

c.harrison.grant
ha!

My Review

Would you like to review this Stage Play?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

148 Views
Added on October 11, 2013
Last Updated on October 11, 2013