The different ways in which we try to cover over our insecurities, pain and frustrations.

The different ways in which we try to cover over our insecurities, pain and frustrations.

A Chapter by gsparky22
"

That may have been fine; for a child learning how to function in society, maybe not.

"

Jimmie’s stepfather Ray once told him his father never told him anything. At the time Jimmie had to wonder if he wasn’t better off for it. Ray’s idea of a conversation was when he told someone something. It was a one way street.
 
For people who would talk to Ray periodically for ten minutes or so that may have been fine; for a child learning how to function in society, maybe not.
 
He now had to ask himself if he harbored any resentment toward people in the work place with similar personalities.
 
Jimmie was beginning to become weary of brooding and drinking for hours at a time over relationship and communication problems at work. He thought about the need for security and sense of self all people possess.

 

He began to see that some people handled this need better than others.
 

He began to see that this individual need was often placed first and foremost amongst priorities and motives with regard to goal accomplishment and general relations between people in and out of the work place.
 
He began to see that his lack of awareness when relating to people may be the cause of his frustration.
 
This frustration would lead to drinking and drinking would lead to new problems.
 
As he reflected on past situations he began to see that people were resistive, disagreeable, domineering or destructive for self-assuring reasons more than any other.
 
We sometimes put our sense of self and need to feel secure in our perceived image or long held understanding above accomplishing new goals.
 
He could see it in the person that would kill themselves to help you, but would kill you if you suggested they needed help.
 
He could see it in the person that can never learn anything new because they determine whether or not they agree with new ideas based solely on their own previous understanding.
 
He began to see it in the different ways in which we try to paint over our insecurities, pain and frustrations.

 

 



© 2013 gsparky22


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

You have a good concept here, but I'd suggest changing up your word choice a little here and there and expanding this a little more. I've always held that a chapter should be able to stand alone if it needs to as a smaller segment of a greater work, and I'm doubtful that this piece can do that.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

gsparky22

11 Years Ago

OK thanks.



Reviews

You have a good concept here, but I'd suggest changing up your word choice a little here and there and expanding this a little more. I've always held that a chapter should be able to stand alone if it needs to as a smaller segment of a greater work, and I'm doubtful that this piece can do that.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

gsparky22

11 Years Ago

OK thanks.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

173 Views
1 Review
Added on March 29, 2013
Last Updated on March 31, 2013
Tags: life, healing, zen, race, alcohol, recovery


Author

gsparky22
gsparky22

About
I enjoy the therapeutic aspects of reading and writing. more..

Writing



Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5