Chapter 1 - Questions

Chapter 1 - Questions

A Chapter by Guy Cocco
"

This place that I woke up, it wasn't normal.

"
Questions
Chapter 1

I woke up in a large field. It was dark and humid, with no airflow whatsoever. My whole body and clothes wet, full of sweat. I could feel every pore oozing with fluids. I was laying down in what felt like mud and I was facing straight up. It was completely dark. No stars, no lights, no nothing. I knew something was wrong. The problem was, I didn't know where I was or how I got there. The last thing I remember was getting into bed at my Dad's house, closing my eyes and drifting off. Was I sleepwalking? Was this a dream? I pinched myself several times to the point where I was bleeding just to make sure this wasn't a dream. I kept pinching in fear, when something came to me. My brain was hurting as I started to see flashes and images. I started to remember something. Bright lights... very bright lights, and I was laying on a table looking up into these bright lights, and then… and then…  I couldn’t remember.

"Remember... Remember!... You've got to remember!". I was yelling to myself. “HELLO! HELLO! Can anybody hear me? Is anybody out there? HELLO?” There was no response. I was alone. I remembered this place with the lights, but what was it? Where was it? I was thinking so hard to remember that I forgot my current situation. Where exactly was I?

Maybe the best idea was to just wait where I was until morning came. It felt like I was outside. I mean, I was laying in some type of mud, and it was so hot. The problem was, there were no stars, no light from the moon, no sounds of animals or insects. At this point I felt really uneasy. Every moment that passed, I grew more terrified. I knew I had to do something. I needed to figure out where I was. I got up and slowly started walking with my arms out like a zombie so I didn’t hit face first into something. It was so dark I started to think I was actually blind. Every step was loud, my feet digging into the mud, picking up more dirt to the bottoms of my shoes with each step. I continued to walk slowly for a while. There was nothing, no grass, no bushes, no trees. My shoes became very heavy now, and I was getting tired, and then I started to remember something again.

A needle. I remember someone stabbing me with a needle. I remember the pain. They stabbed me right in the thigh. I opened my mouth in pain and horror screaming and yelling, and then. Then what? I couldn't remember any more. I fell to my knees in the mud and felt my thighs, feeling around for something until I came across a sore spot. My upper right thigh, was I injected with something? I was so tired at this point, but my fear was keeping me awake. I got up and continued. I was dazed, my legs were on autopilot, as my mind drifted.

I started to think about home, my family, my friends. Were they looking for me? I was thinking about my 17th birthday. I just got my driver's license, and It was my first day driving to high school. I felt proud that day, showing off my car to everyone. The feeling of walking into my class with car keys in my pocket. It made me feel older. That day was special for me. It was the day I really became - SMACK! -

I stopped. I was no longer thinking about my 17th birthday. I walked straight into something, trembling with absolute fear. I almost fell back, I was so startled at what I just felt. My hands, still sticking out like a zombie smacked something hard. It was flat with no texture and was so cold my hands felt as if they were magically frozen. It was no tree, no bush, no random object. It was a wall.



© 2016 Guy Cocco


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

120 Views
Added on June 26, 2016
Last Updated on June 26, 2016
Tags: not human, questions, weird, mystery, Suspense, Thriller, Strange, Creepy


Author

Guy Cocco
Guy Cocco

CA



About
My name's Guy and I have a crazy mind. more..

Writing
Not Human Not Human

A Book by Guy Cocco