Happy Birthday

Happy Birthday

A Story by ForTheWorld
"

A simple girl who grew up hating the word happy birthday...but at last she realized that its worthy...

"
My mommy always telling me advanced happy birthday five days before the actual date. I always snubbing that greeting- as usual; every year the same event the only thing is my age. I grew older as years slowly passing by so, I hated to hear that greeting "happy birthday"; it really scared me- knowing that I will not get any younger, I have to pass every single problem even its so complicated or simple- that's the way it is. Each day pass, eye bags, wrinkles and pimples- all that I've spotted in my face when I look at the mirror. I'm turning fifteen- I cannot get any younger now, I was barely fourteen when I hated the greeting until now.
Ten years passed, I'm here sitting with my only daughter at the porch, telling her about who I am when I was still young. I tell her that I hate to hear the word "happy birthday" but now, I love that word, thanks to my nine-year-old daughter. She taught me how stand up on my own and to take her responsibility as her mother. Now I understand, that time is passing by for a good reason; I started with a simple one and it grew complicated as years passed and I thought of giving up all. But, this simple little girl in the front of me is the product of all my sacrifices, my greatest achievement in life. Taking responsibility seems so hard but despite all of it, there still the product of complicated situation for a person like me.  

© 2010 ForTheWorld


Author's Note

ForTheWorld
almost seven days before my birthday...do you think who will greet me happy birthday???

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

133 Views
Added on July 23, 2010
Last Updated on July 23, 2010

Author

ForTheWorld
ForTheWorld

pangasinan, 1, Philippines



About
write, yeah, it is not the only thing my life is composed of, but when reality stroke really bad, it is the last I want to live without, well of course, families and air plus food and water are great .. more..

Writing
human human

A Story by ForTheWorld