Kiss the Rain

Kiss the Rain

A Story by Chynna Co
"

This is somewhat the character page in my story...the main character, the guy, is the one that's speaking here...the girl he love sacrificed her life just to save him. Her heart was literally given to him...for him to live...and that's her own decision.

"

                 For a long, long time, I've been in this same place. A dream - terribly blinding, sadly glimmering... as if my feelings would someday reach you.

                 Gently moistened by the quiet rain, I see a faint vision of you. My tears keep flowing one after another 'til your last smile disappears in its blur.  The reality I clung to suddenly withers and falls apart, piece by piece, like images past. I look at the violent dark sky, the anticipation I have for the future I yearned for disappears. The earth turns around slowly, so that time may be regretted. Like a pale hope, the gap between today and tomorrow troubles me. Slightly shivering, supporting the lost child deep within, I took off again, despite all the pain.

                   I'll be by your side if that is gentleness, but it seems I lost it somewhere. You had all of them - the fragments of my heart - and what is left was the emptiness that fills my dreams. Searching for the meaning,  my wounds came scorching again, although I know that there are no answers. Chased around repeatedly by the sound of the of the clock, I live today, again,  by forgetting. I wonder how it's been with you, in the vast horizon. Not being able to see you is something that I only know about.

                   Is it in order to see you?

                   The alarm clock will ring soon right? But what lies ahead might still be a dream. Even though I wake up, I'll still be here, sitting in silence.

                    On the other side of the mirror, rusting in silver, hides a fantasia dream - the shore at the boundary near dreams and counsciousness - yet it's something I'll never be able to grasp. Out of the unknown, I heard your voice, in rusted time. I want to reach, because I believe that you're waiting for me inside the light.

                     Here, beyond the moon, blue searchlights overlaps as the distant dream that sways between the waves comes to clear. Without growing up, I reached for your smiling face. We met - in this period. Hand in hand, I walk with you on the evening shore, even if the faint scent of tears I shed back then came clearly to mind.  Will such a day like this come to an end someday? If I let go of your hand clasp to mine, with that, would it all probably come to an end right now? Always, your tenderly gaze sparkles in the distance, holding on to our memories. Those times are the best, it feels so wonderful, but supreme happiness and unhappiness come to demand what is most cherished. There's so much I want to talk about, we'll meet again tomorrow, right?

                     Carried by the fallen leaves floating in the river, my feelings that cannot be expressed well, I changed it to a whisper. In the bask of silence, the colors of sunset are painful yet beautiful. Running along, riding our bicycles, chasing the sweet vertical horizon as the sun follows behind, my feelings cannot be earased. Looking at your shy smile, the shadows of the red clouds and tress blurred. The time of our separation draws near. I've made a lot of memories, but we keep coming across the cruelty of repeating hellos and goodbyes.

                     With your unchanging smile and our warm embrace, you, who forever shines in my heart slowly became a gentle breeze.

                     Merely wandering alone, I leave behind only a trail of footsteps. Even with these stabbing memories, the one that is mine, I don't want to lose it. While this shore is covered in twilight, the morning sun is surely shining down somewhere else in the world. Just like your pictures that freely flows through the wind, so as the new film of memories begins to grow. With this scarred wings launched by my dreams within my body that melts away, we'll be together where memories never fade, and when this silver rain begins to fall, it would start to be a part of me until forever. Surely, tomorrow, a different wind will blow... but in the not so distant future, I'm sure to catch up with you. I always look on those days that I met you with a smile that says "I won't forget", believing in the future I can't see.

                      In this dream, I remeber the better in me. 

                  

 

© 2008 Chynna Co


Author's Note

Chynna Co
Please tell me what feeling does it bring you...and comments too...and suggesitons...

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Lyrical, eloquent, elegant. Beautiful, haunting, precious. I SO love the title:)

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

182 Views
1 Review
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on October 26, 2008
Last Updated on October 28, 2008

Author

Chynna Co
Chynna Co

About
I'm a poetry and short story writer who takes inspiration from the sound of rain, music and events in my life. more..

Writing