Fishing for Friends

Fishing for Friends

A Story by Haley Lynn Thomas
"

Two goldfish Paco and Piano learn it's fun to make new friends!

"

Paco was a young and beautiful orange and white goldfish with big telescope eyes and a long, flowing butterfly fan tail.

 

His best friend was Piano who was also a goldfish. Piano's scales were white and his fins were black. H had telescope eyes too, though not nearly as big as Paco's. He also had a butterfly tail.

 

Paco and Piano lived in a 20 gallon tank on the kitchen counter in the Thomas household. They had a wonderful human mom named Haley. They loved her very much.

 

The two goldfish lived a simple yet fulfilling life. They were content swimming around and hiding in their favorite coral castle. LIfe was good.

 

Then one day somethign happened that changed their lives forever! A new goldfish came into the tank.

 

The new goldfish was a beautiful calico with a fan tail. He had big eyes just like Paco's.

 

Paco and Piano were confused and scared when they saw him. They weren't used to change, and didn't know waht to think of this new addition.

 

The new goldfish started to swim towards them and they quickly darted to the other corner of the tank and hid behind t he castle.

 

"Who is that? What is he doing in our tank?" Paco cried. "I don't know." Piano replied. "I've never seen him before. Do you think he's nice or mean?"

 

The calico goldfish swam to the coral castle to meet Paco adn Piano. Frightened, they swam away. "Swim@ Swim for your life!" Paco cried. The new goldfish continued to follow them. "Wait!" He cried. "I just want to play with you! I want to be friends!"

 

Piano, you'd always been braver and more curious than Paco, turned and looked at the new goldfish. He could see that he was upset and knew that they had hurt his feelings.

 

"I just want to play with you." the goldfish cried again. "Piano warily swam up to him. "Hi," he said. "My name is Piano. What's yours?"

 

"I'm Espie Azucar Spalding." The calico said. "But you can just call me Espie."

 

"Where are you from Espie?" Piano asked him. "I'm from the pet store. Haley adopted me." He said. From across the tank, Paco watched the two goldfish talking. Slowly, he started to swim towards them. "Hi, I"m Paco." He told him. "I'm Espie." was his reply.

 

Espie asked why Piano and Paco had swum away from him when he was first put into the tank. "Do you not like me?" he asked them. "We were just scared. We didn't know who you were." Piano told him. "I'm a goldfish like you." Espie said. "Do you want to be my friends? We could play hide and go swim."

 

Paco, Piano, adn Espie decided to play follow the leader first. Paco was in front, Espie in the middle, and Piano bringing up the rear. They swam across the length of the tank and back, laughing as they went. "The new goldfish seems kind of nice." Paco thought. "I like him. We will be good friends." thought Piano.

 

From that day on they were three best fish friends, BFFs. Then, one day, Haley adopted another butterfly tailed goldfish with big eyes. She was a calico like Espie. When she was placed in the tank she swam over and introduced herself. She said her name was Ernesta, but that they could just call her Ernie.

 

This time Paco and Piano weren't afraid of the new goldfish. They'd learned from Espie that meeting new fish friends wasn't scary, it was fun!

 

And so Paco, Piano, Espie, and Ernie swam happily ever after.

© 2011 Haley Lynn Thomas


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

120 Views
Added on September 4, 2011
Last Updated on September 4, 2011

Author

Haley Lynn Thomas
Haley Lynn Thomas

Columbus, OH



About
I write poetry, short stories, and novellas. Most of my poetry is inspired by real people and events in my life. more..

Writing