Being Great Is Not A Goal

Being Great Is Not A Goal

A Story by Hallar Azad
"

This short story describes that being great is not goal-oriented.

"

It was a few years ago in my early teen when a strong desire of being great arose in me. I’m smiling to write that it was due to the inspiration I got from Bill Gates. I had a dream to be like him as I had heard a lot that he’s a great person. Looking at him, to be great for me was to achieve a vast range of identity and to earn a lot of money and give most of it in charity. At that time, what I tried to be great was just learning English, Computer and other interesting stuff i.e. Palmistry, Magic etcetera. I exposed whatever I learned to my friends and acquaintances and a little appreciation from them was a great achievement for me. As a result, that so called achievement changed my confidence into over-confidence; unfortunately.

 

I behaved with people like I am much superior to them. I thought I am on a path which would lead me to greatness. Many people disliked my attitude but I thought they’re wrong. I did not talk to people who seemed to be uneducated thinking that they don’t deserve to talk to me. When living in my village, I was not friendly with anyone besides a few. To be honest, this gave me nothing more than hatred for me in the hearts of people around me.

 

Now after spending many years away of my family and with different kind of people, the complete definition of being great in my mind has changed. Being great is not a goal. Rather, it is an accumulation of some characteristics in our nature. You’re never great if you think you are or you will be someday. Being great is loving humanity. Being great is hating none. Being great is helping others. Being great is to be kind to everyone. Being great is loving and serving your parents. And being great, is to expect nothing in return after helping others. I have regretted a lot on the opinion I had.


May Allah bless us with love for humanity (Aameen)

© 2016 Hallar Azad


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Very well written bro. All your viewpoints are in total accordance with veracity. You have actually defined 'being great'. I felt glad reading this work of yours.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Hallar Azad

8 Years Ago

Thanks a lot Respected :)
You r right..being great is loving n serving ur parents..nice inspiring story..good write..

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Hallar Azad

8 Years Ago

Thanks Randhir :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

139 Views
2 Reviews
Added on April 9, 2016
Last Updated on April 9, 2016
Tags: great, people, goals is life, aim in life, humanity, love, care

Author

Hallar Azad
Hallar Azad

Larkana, Sindh, Pakistan



About
I am an ordinary human named Hallar. I love to observe life and write about it. I am also a Software Developer. more..

Writing