inhale

inhale

A Poem by Parachutes and Sunshine

i breathe deep, breathe slow
for the atmosphere to consume my lungs
keep my heart beating
blood streaming
one slow inhale
so vital
so simple
expected to work
until it doesn't
breathing in expecting air
but getting death instead
my heart reached out expecting your affection
but got death instead

© 2013 Parachutes and Sunshine


Author's Note

Parachutes and Sunshine
let me know what you make of this. i want to see if i did what i wanted to with this. tell me if you get the jist of how the last 2 lines fit

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

What I saw here was that upon the outflow of breath words of affection were woven with it towards another. Yet, the answer was not what was wished for, and thus the return breath never came. I believe it to be an analogy for expressing one's love towards another and then being denied a favorable answer.

That's what I think it means at least! :)

Great Ink!
Aaron - Wolfwind

Posted 10 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.



Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Reviews

Nice poem in the wonderful direction. You must be in love and these words do gesture and suggest that the feelings are spurting out straight from your heart. A nice imagery behind the poem and last two lines are good but as a whole you have over read it and you can make the whole poem better.

Posted 10 Years Ago


i breathe deep, breathe slow
for the atmosphere to consume my lungs
keep my heart beating
blood streaming
one slow inhale
so vital
so simple
expected to work
until it doesn't
breathing in expecting air
but getting death instead
my heart reached out expecting your affection
but got death instead
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
i breathe deep, breathe slow
for the atmosphere to consume my lungs
keep my heart beating
blood streaming
one slow inhale
so vital
so simple
expected to work
until it doesn't
breathing in expecting air
but getting toxic fumes instead
my heart reached out expecting your affection
but greeted with death instead

Let me know if you like the changes in the wording in the last few lines…I was not affected by the last entry of this…needed a bit more…the piece itself carries you as a reader…take a look at both and have at it...jsut my two cents worth... here...


Posted 10 Years Ago


A interesting poem. I wanted to know more. I could feel the energy and the struggle in the words. The ending left a wide open door for more tale. I enjoy poetry that leave you with question and desire to know more. Thank you for sharing the excellent poetry.
Coyote

Posted 10 Years Ago


This piece hits deeply in terms of emotion. I like the way that you incorporate the biting and aching feelings of love with the last lines, that clearly show a person who has laid everything out on the table (become completley vulnerable for love) and got cheated in the end. Still, there is always time to pick up the pieces and try again; it is human nature.

Posted 10 Years Ago


It could be that the character in the poem breathes differently when thinks of a person that the character in the poem likes.

Once a person told me, what is the use of thinking of a person when the other person is not thinking of you.

I didnt think of that person for many years, and then I saw a photo of that person and started thinking of that person and the following day that person went to my house when I wasnt there and left phone number for me to call.

Posted 10 Years Ago


This was raw and powerful. I do agree with Wolfwind Words- it seems like an analogy. The love made to seem there was brought to a different sense of light. It defined how much that love was real. I was truly blown away by the simplicity and beauty of how you detailed the inhale as vital, but in the end it was an inhale of death. Very creative.

~Maya

Posted 10 Years Ago


What I saw here was that upon the outflow of breath words of affection were woven with it towards another. Yet, the answer was not what was wished for, and thus the return breath never came. I believe it to be an analogy for expressing one's love towards another and then being denied a favorable answer.

That's what I think it means at least! :)

Great Ink!
Aaron - Wolfwind

Posted 10 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

456 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 23, 2013
Last Updated on August 23, 2013
Tags: love, breath, breathe, poetry

Author

Parachutes and Sunshine
Parachutes and Sunshine

Grand Rapids, MI



About
Hannah Michelle 18 Grand Rapids, MI more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..