Prologue

Prologue

A Chapter by Hannah Miles
"

This is the prologue of The Nightmare's Wall

"

I ran around the corner as Jaxon followed me, Bandanna over his face. I signaled to move forward and he nodded as I jumped up to the ladder above us and he swiftly and soundlessly ran forward. He jumped up to ladder and quickly hid up across from me as a guard walked by. We both nodded and ran again. We made it to the door and we had our backs against the wall. I looked over at Jaxon and he looked at me. I smiled as he nodded. He went to go over to his area and slipped.


“JAXON!” He fell right on top of our target.


“WHAT THE--You… I had a feeling you’d show up sooner or later.” The woman chuckled. I growled and jumped down; The woman laughed. “And I see you brought a little help! I thought you were better than that Jaxey~” I glared at the woman and she stared at me with a small smirk.


“Jaxon… Come on. Get up. So we can kill this son of biscuit” He took the bandanna and nodded. We both jumped back onto our feet and launched at the woman. Jaxon slashed at her side and left a small cut. I went directly at her and she dodged with ease. I growled and lunged at her as Jaxon came at her from behind with his machete. She dodged me but fell right into our trap as Jaxon impaled her through her back. Her eyes went wide as he pulled the knife out. She fell to her knees and coughed up blood.


“Next time. Maybe you shouldn’t mess with my Best Friend.” Jaxon smiled, as the woman took her last breath, and we completed our mission. I looked at Jaxon and he helped pick the woman up. We began to make our way back to the camp.


“Hey? Jaxon?” He looked at me as we drug the woman’s lifeless body across the dirt-filled road. “What was she talking about back there… You know. When the lady was talking to you. Did you know her?” Jaxon stopped and looked at the ground.


“I knew her, yes. She was a friend of my mom’s she was like an aunt to me. She treated me so well as a child. I would always go over to her house with my mom and--”


“Ok. Ok. I don’t want to hear a long, long backstory. Please just give me a summary.” Jaxon sighed, obviously frustrated by me suddenly interrupting him. I smiled innocently.


“Fine. Let’s just say she’s like an aunt. She was so nice until my mom wouldn’t let me talk to her anymore. She slowly went insane, and eventually snapped. She killed quite of few of my close friends and some family, and threatened my mother trying to convince her to let me hang out with her. My mom abandoned me to keep me safe. That’s why I’m here now… That’s why we were hired to kill her… And that’s why I’m like this.” My jaw was dropped and tears pricked my eyes.


“Jaxon.” I stopped because I didn’t know what to say or how to react. He just killed someone very close to him. “I’m sorry.”



© 2016 Hannah Miles


Author's Note

Hannah Miles
Please give me feedback, Good or Bad, also please tell me if I misspell anything. Thanks!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

108 Views
Added on October 9, 2016
Last Updated on October 9, 2016
Tags: Prologue, The Nightmare's Wall, Nightmare


Author

Hannah Miles
Hannah Miles

UNKNOWN



About
My name is Hannah. I am a 14 year old girl who is dreaming big. I wish to become a well-known author when I'm older. more..

Writing