Operation Clean Up

Operation Clean Up

A Story by harry
"

An agent comes out of retirement and takes revenge

"

Neelam said Maverick their is a message from an unknown number. It was a lazy Sunday morning and Maverick had just started to shave. Read out the message he said. " Operation Red 0917 ". Maverick froze. The bile erupted in his stomach he felt his knees going weak and felt sick. His past was catching up with him. He wondered who was after him after all these years. Twenty years ago he would not have been bothered but now things were different . He had two kids.

Maverick was a highly successful intelligence and counter espionage agent. He coveted the most dangerous jobs and successfully completed them. Like most operatives he ran foul of the bureaucracy and had taken a discharge. He had beaten up two bureaucrats and took pleasure in doing so.

Maverick opened the safe and opened the walnut box. He liked the feel of the cold steel in his hands. It felt good. He checked the clips , he had 24 bullets . The Colt was a beauty.

Maverick called the special number. Billy the hacker picked up and Maverick was surprised. Billy - What's up Maverick , some message troubling you ?
Maverick was stunned , who was keeping tabs on him ? 
Billy laughed don't worry Tony, Sam , Rick , Willy all got similar messages. In fact we were waiting for your call.
Mavericks brain went into overdrive...the implications were horrendous they had been compromised and the Rogue agent was someone within and not someone on the outside. He had to be found quickly and neutralized.

Operation Clean Up was required.
Maverick - Get Jag and others on a call in next 30 mins
Billy- Man you are fast what else do you need ?
Maverick- License to Kill
Billy choked- That's asking for too much
Maverick- I want the firepower and license... Non negotiable
Billy- Jag is not going to be happy
Maverick- Jag is a bum of a bureaucrat

Billy patched everyone on the scrambled line. 
Jag- What's up guys , let's have a drink...been a long time ?
Angry Willy- Cut the crap Jag , we have a situation here , their is a mole in your team ? Any idea ?
Sam - Jag will be clue less as usual...
Rick - Jag waiting as usual for someone to spoon feed the information.
Tony- Where's your flunkey Raymond , he may know something ?
Jag was hopping mad , it was 20 years and these guys hated him more than the enemy . He forced himself to calm down , he had to manage the situation , his promotion to Chief was around the corner , he could not afford any screw ups. Besides these guys were good and the success of this operation would improve his promotion prospects. 
Jag - Gentlemen I am touched by your affection , things have not changed after 20 years. Just hang on I am trying to take Raymond also on the call.

Their were a series of clicks and the call disconnected. 
Billy - Jag they hung up, you know how they feel about Raymond ?

Raymond was actually Ramesh who joined the Organization on the merit of his caste. He was a brainless bum who also got out of turn promotions because of his caste. He was a misfit and never understood how the world of espionage worked. He came in the way of others and made a mess of everything.

Billy- Raymond is missing , cannot be traced.
Billy got everyone back on the call with the promise that Raymond would be kept out of this operation.
Maverick- Jag we want the firepower and license.
Jag- Firepower yes , license no.
Maverick- Speak to the minister.
Jag - No way
Maverick- The deal is off
Others agreed.
Jag- OK I will speak... Raymond is missing..
Maverick- Now we know where to start...Let's get to work...

Maverick to Sam go to Pune and wait for my instructions. To Willy reach Pune via Nasik. To Sam do finance check on Raymond. Rick do a finance check on Jag.

Buy brand new clothes , shoes use cash. Get new mobiles new Sims. Someone is tracking us and I want to throw them off our tail. Boss you are a genius they chorused.

Maverick drove down to Lonavala in the hi tech agency surveillance van loaded with the firepower. He set up base near Walwan Dam near the expressway exit. He could now listen to everyone entering or exiting Lonavala. He had a hunch that Raymond was holed up in Lonavala enjoying the weekend with his mistress. His hunch was proved right , Raymond wasn't smart after all. The call location was quickly traced .

Maverick called his team and Jag to Lonavala and shared the coordinates. They met at 8 pm and drove down to the location. Their was a party going on , loud music and laughter. They could make out 1 man and 4 women through the night vision glasses.
Jag was impressed with Maverick's efficiency. He was really good at his work. If Maverick had stayed on he would have become Chief long ago.

Maverick briefed his team , nobody should escape , shoot to kill if required.

Maverick walked to the door and knocked. One girl opened the door and started screaming. Maverick gunned her down and the remaining three girls.

Raymond came out of the toilet and turned pale looking at the bodies.

Maverick motioned him to sit down. Others walked in and were taken aback at the blood bath.

Sam stood behind Raymond and handed him his finance statement and Rick stood behind Jag and handed him his finance statement.

Maverick- Why did you guys sell us out ? We left you in peace.
Raymond- I did not sell you out. I promise. Yes , I have been taking the money meant for covert operations . Jag is also taking out money the same way I do...
Jag turned pale- Maverick please forgive me , you can take all the money.
Raymond- I will give the money , spare me.
Maverick- Transfer the money to the agent pension fund.

Sam confirmed the money transfer. Maverick looked up and his team nodded their heads.

Two shots rang out...

Maverick- Throw the bodies , burn the van and send it down into the valley...

Few months later they all met up in a bar...

Sam - Hey Maverick , we are all dying to know who were the two babus who you beat up...

Maverick gave his trademark sly grin...

Jag and Raymond....

© 2015 harry


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

89 Views
Added on December 6, 2015
Last Updated on December 6, 2015
Tags: undercover, retired, covert, action, thriller, espionage