Snow White: Act II Everyday Mornings

Snow White: Act II Everyday Mornings

A Chapter by HaruHau-Chan

  The sunlight glimmered over the German hills. It shone through each and every single drop of dew that hung from the green blades all along the fields. This was the girl's favorite part of the morning. The hills almost seemed to sing with beauty. The sunlight would slowly move from those hills down to the forest below, and then onto the lake that flowed beside their home. Reflecting off of that water, it would take no time at all to bathe their castle in warmth.


The stained glass windows would reflect their colors into the hallways, covering the steps and some of the walls. Whenever she wandered through them to do her chores, she always felt as thought she was walking through some wonderful painting. It was a new world of bright and vivid wonders. Often her mind would wander on to other things; other places. What was the rest of the world like? Was it as pretty as her own home?


The little birds outside would chirp their melodies and flit about in the warm light. They would go about their own little duties searching for food and taking care of their little ones. The young starlet would often take time to watch them between her own chores. In the early morning she was to wash the main hall and do all of her step-mother's laundry. It amazed her how much was dirtied in one day. What was washed the night before would have to be scrubbed again the next morning. The work was tedious, but it let her mind wander off again and again while her body did all of the work for her.


Emptying out her pail of dirty water, she made her way into the kitchen, pushing her sky blue locks behind her ears. "Snow!" An elder woman called. "How are you this morning?"


"Depends," Snow White said with a smile. "Has the Witch woken up yet?"


With a chuckle, the woman held out a tray for the younger girl. "Don't let her hear you calling her that," she scolded lightly. "Here's her breakfast. Don't be late now." She pushed Snow lightly, urging her to hurry up the stairs to the higher chambers.


"I'm going~ I'm going~" With a soft giggle, the pale girl bounded up the stairs. The colors of the windows passed over her, lighting up her skin in different shades. It often made her think of Fairies. Where they real? Did they have different colors to them, like flowers?


She shook her head, bringing herself back to the real world as she approached the tall, dark oak door. It wasn't hard to notice that it was ajar, especially with the voices she could hear inside. One was male; a voice the teen knew well.


"But why woul' da prince be comin'ere?" Her stepmother's huntsman asked. He always spoke in such a funny accent.


"Basile Decoux is the only son of the King of France," her stepmother replied. "Perhaps he is looking for a bride."


"A German bride? What, dere aint any suitable gals in France?" Snow peeked into the room, watching the man lean against the bedpost of the canopy bed. He was always so funny to her. The way he talked just sounded so silly. The raven-haired man was barely taller than she was yet he always tried to act so tough. On the inside he was a real sweetie. At least, he was to her.


Most of the conversation was lost to the girl as she let her mind wander away. There was more about the prince and about the preparations they were going to have to make to have him stay with them, but otherwise Snow’s thoughts had wandered off to the frogs in the pond. She loved catching frogs when no one was looking. She had one living in her room with her as well, but that frog had found his way in on his own.


With a shake of her head, the girl returned to the task at hand and knocked on the door. “M’lady, I have your breakfast,” she called.


“Come in and put it on the bedside table, as always,” the woman snapped. She would have also snapped had the girl not knocked at all. After all, she liked her privacy. Her eyes narrowed as the younger one moved happily into the room. The food was set down. A curtsy was given. It didn’t take long at all for the pale girl to be out of the room and back to her chores.


Patico, the huntsman, gave a small chuckle and shook his head. The girl amused him just as much as he amused her. She was so light-hearted and her head was always in the clouds. Whenever anyone spoke to her, it was like there was nothing wrong with her life. He honestly couldn’t tell if it was a mask or if she actually thought of her life that way. Perhaps she was just glad to be alive.



© 2011 HaruHau-Chan


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

170 Views
Added on September 12, 2011
Last Updated on September 12, 2011


Author

HaruHau-Chan
HaruHau-Chan

Lynnwod, WA



About
Custom Glitter Text Hello! Thanks so much for stopping by. Currently my main story that I am working on is called Liberarsi. I apologize that I'm not exactly uploading it in order. I don't really .. more..

Writing
Spirits Spirits

A Story by HaruHau-Chan


Tea Tea

A Poem by HaruHau-Chan