Full Moon Beach

Full Moon Beach

A Chapter by Hasventhran Baskaran

In the ethereal dance of light and shadow, where the verdant undulations of rolling hills gracefully surrendered to the boundless embrace of the ocean, Logan traversed. A path, worn yet inviting, beckoned him through nature’s resplendent tableau, guiding him to the hallowed shores of Paradise Beach. His hair, peppered with strands of dignified grey, whispered tales of years and wisdom as it fluttered in the gentle sea breeze.


The ocean, a masterful artist, painted its waves in a mesmerizing array of sparkling hues under the watchful gaze of the sun. Each ripple and crest shimmered like an endless sea of diamonds, a spectacle that eased the burden of Logan's trek. The beauty that unfolded around him promised not just a momentary glimpse of wonder, but an indelible imprint upon the canvas of his memory.


Far removed from the technological feats and vibrant chaos of southern Karnataka, the northern realms of the state whispered a different story�"one of serene tranquility, of landscapes untouched by time, and of architectural marvels that lay dormant in the annals of history. As dusk approached, the sun draped the world in a golden mantle, transforming the ordinary into the extraordinary. Perched upon a boulder, as if it were a throne destined for him, Logan found himself ensnared in the modest yet captivating beauty of the beach.


Amidst this tranquility, Logan's attention turned to his radio, fiddling with it as it crackled with static. He withdrew a hand-rolled joint, seeking solace in its familiar embrace. But as he settled into the calming rhythm of the waves, the radio sprang to life, piercing the silence with the impassioned voice of a Westbrook activist. Dashanan’s words echoed with an urgency that stirred the embers of longing and responsibility within Logan's heart. The activist spoke of awakening, of rising against the oppressive shadows that had long enshrouded their beloved Westbrook. His voice painted a picture of a society teetering on the brink, corrupted and decaying, calling for unity to cleanse the blight that had seeped into its very fabric. 


"Brothers and sisters," Dashanan's voice echoed with urgency, "the time has come to awaken and rise against the shadows that have long clouded our beloved Westbrook. We stand at the crossroads of history, where our actions today will define the future of our children. Corruption and political decay have seeped into the very fabric of our society, and only united can we cleanse this blight..." Logan listened, captivated by Dashanan's fervor, a sense of nostalgia and responsibility stirring within him.


His solitude was pleasantly interrupted by a woman whose exotic charm was as unmistakable as her approach from a nearby campsite. She offered to share a joint, and a natural, almost magnetic connection sparked between them. As they sat together, a comfortable silence enveloped them, punctuated by the shared joint and mutual, yet unspoken, recognition of each other's presence.


Breaking the silence, Logan turned towards her. "So, what brings a stunning woman like you to this corner of the world?" he asked, his eyes lighting up with interest.


She smiled, her eyes reflecting the evening sky. "Escaping the ordinary, I suppose. And you, what's your story?" she inquired, her voice rich with curiosity.


"Just a wandering soul, trying to find pieces of paradise like this," Logan replied, gesturing towards the ocean.


They both laughed, their conversation flowing effortlessly. As they talked, they discovered shared interests and perspectives, the connection between them deepening with each word.


"Delilah Valentino, that's a name that sounds like it belongs in a novel," Logan said playfully, a twinkle in his eye.


"Perhaps it does," Delilah responded with a laugh. "And what about you? Do you have a name that matches your adventurous spirit?"


"Logan, not quite as novel-worthy, but it's served me well," he replied with a grin.


Their laughter and chatter filled the air, creating a bubble of joy and ease around them. Just as they were sinking further into their shared moment, a disturbing crackle from the radio shattered their bubble�"the unmistakable sound of a gunshot. The relaxed atmosphere evaporated in an instant.


Logan frantically attempted to make a call, but the signal's absence rendered his efforts futile. Overcome by frustration and a sense of helplessness, he let out a vehement cry, "F**K!! FUCKKKK!!!!!! FUCKKKKK!!!," as he threw his phone onto the sand, his expression contorted with anger.


Delilah, sensing the shift in the air, cautiously began to gather her belongings, her eyes scouting for an exit route.


Just as she stood up, Logan’s phone buzzed weakly, half-buried in the sand. It was a call from "Riz." With a trembling hand, Logan picked up the phone.


"Uncle Riz, what’s going on? That sound, was it...?"


"Logan, he’s been assassinated. You need to come back to Westbrook now. We need you," came Riz's grief-stricken voice.


As the weight of Riz's words hit him, Logan's knees buckled. He collapsed to the ground, a hollow shell, as the sun disappeared below the horizon, casting both Paradise Beach and Logan's world into a realm of shadow and uncertainty.



© 2023 Hasventhran Baskaran


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

61 Views
Added on February 6, 2023
Last Updated on November 17, 2023


Author

Hasventhran Baskaran
Hasventhran Baskaran

Rawang, Selangor, Malaysia



About
Writing stories for fun Do read to encourage me to write even better more..

Writing