Broken Spirits

Broken Spirits

A Poem by Richard Dotson, Jr.

The body is like a home: it can’t stand without a strong foundation.
If the body has a broken spirit, the foundation crumbles, leaving the body in a broken down situation.
The spirit can be easily broken like a window shattered by a rock.
Windows can be fixed at a certain cost, but why attempt to fix something that can constantly break up like a bird flock.
The body can’t survive without the mind, yet the mind can survive without the body. Has this theory proven to be true?
You must have undeviating harmony between body and mind for unmitigated affinity: if don’t who knows what’ll happen to you.
A body with a spirit lives on forever, however a body without a spirit is hollow and empty like a bottomless pit.
The question is will the mental survive without its sparkplug or will it find something to replace it?
If I wasn’t the way I am now, would I be loved and befriended by everyone I associate with today?
What if I was rich, with tons of money? Would people befriend me because of my wealth or because of my natural friendliness? It’s very hard to say.
Even though I surround myself with people, I often feel empty and lonely.
When I feel like that, I feel that I have nothing to live for but to be harassed and ridiculed by people only.
Gentle like a teddy bear, but fear when I get mad because I become enraged like a bull.
Loved by most, hated by few, not vice versa. This isn’t a perfect world and my life’s not empty but the glass is half full.
What would’ve happened to me if I never got into my minor scuffles or gotten jacked? Would I still be the same?
Would I be mentally stable or would I still be in a stalemate in this deadly chess game?
My soul is gentle like a dove, but sometimes I’m full of demonic rage like a tornado or hurricane.
Why is it that we live in a world full of confusion and misery which causes utter disbelief and unlimited pain?
Once the inner circle is complete, it’s then and only then will one experience true happiness.
If one is never truly happy, one will live in misery and grief until one finds something to be the center of happiness.
I write to keep sanity, to find answers without any questions and find feelings without making first impressions.
My journey continues and will go on until I find happiness who knows: it could go on for nine months like college class sessions.
I guess I’ll find happiness when I complete my inner circle or when I find my former self, the old being.
As this story ends, I say appreciate good things when you have them and remember you can be visionary without seeing.

© 2008 Richard Dotson, Jr.


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

A lot of truth in this writing..I think sometimes my writing and also my art [painting] helps to keep me sane and welcoming another day..good job..Valentine

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

177 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on February 6, 2008

Author

Richard Dotson, Jr.
Richard Dotson, Jr.

Bridgeport, CT



About
Welcome to my table in the cafe......pull up a chair and lets hear the spoken word. more..

Writing