How Deep

How Deep

A Poem by Richard Dotson, Jr.

How deep do my feelings run for you?
Deep like the bottomless depths of the Atlantic Ocean blue.
I know you have feelings for another, but that's cool.
We're good friends. If I don't express my feelings then I'm a fool.
My feelings for you are revealed in my volume speaking silence.
I want you to be and always remain happy at all costs.... even at my own expense.
I'm at the proverbial fork in the road: express my feelings or just be a friend?
This gets me to thinking: remain true to myself or pretend?
I cherish everything about you: your friendship, beauty, personality, the countless kisses and hugs, and my favorite gift: you Gothic ring.
Your radiant beauty is enough to make birds sing.
I love you with all my heart and until the day I die, I always will.
My feelings for you come down like rhythmic raindrops beating on my windowsill.
I like you, not just cuz you're cool, but cuz you're young and mature.
Years of being deathly ill and you're the only cure.
Why do I really care for you? That's simple; it's just hard to find a place to start.
Is it your angelic face? Or is it your curvaceous body or could it be your luminous and charming smile? No, it's he place where you'll always be: the heart.
Not of royalty, but you have the power and beauty of a princess.
I'll take any version of you: whether you're in jeans and Nikes, silk pants and Tims, or even if you're adorned in a black evening dress.
Your presence is enough to make a diligent worker lazy.
Your beauty is enough to make a serene person crazy.
You've had the strongest hold on my emotions by far.
Whenever I get lost, I lookup into the heavens to find my North Star.
I know this is deep, probably deeper than the Grand Canyon.
You'll be with me always regardless of the situation, my eternal companion.
You shine bright like the gleaming sun above you.
I know I never told you this, but I believe this to be true: you're a close friend and I care for you.
So why continue to live life in a pathologic lie?
I'm there for you eternally, whether you smile or even when you cry.
It's been a rugged journey but I finally found my bliss.
This epic is inked in love, bonded by hugs and sealed with a.... Rocked Out tongue ring kiss.
These are my true feelings, so I mean no disrespect.
I know I'm being truthful via expression but I really don't know what to expect.
Never go away cuz it is you that I'll truly miss.
I guess I should return to my domicile, my own twisted reality. I must remove myself from your sight. What was I thinkin'? This can never be, or can it? I guess I'll never know what it's like to experience deep feelings like this.

The End

© 2008 Richard Dotson, Jr.


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Love this man... a much combination of words yet you managed still to make them have rhymes. The expression of feelings was also wonderful. Thanks for sharing.

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

167 Views
1 Review
Added on February 6, 2008

Author

Richard Dotson, Jr.
Richard Dotson, Jr.

Bridgeport, CT



About
Welcome to my table in the cafe......pull up a chair and lets hear the spoken word. more..

Writing