Goodbye

Goodbye

A Poem by Richard Dotson, Jr.

Walk out of my life and please don't come back.

Return to sender: a good heart that you lack.

Saying goodbyes are hard, but for me they come real easy.

I wish you would've been true but you chose to become sleazy.

I welcomed you with open arms, but you cruelly crushed my heart.

We were on the same track and destination, but Amtrak 588 derailed and we grew apart.

I've heard enough of your lies, but now you gotta go.

What's the difference between me and him? Please tell me, I just gotta know.

I trusted you, was there for you. You repaid me in a great amount of heart pain.

You must not have cared about my feelings while getting nookie. I could've gotten you wetter than 40 dayz of heavy rain.

To play the game, you gotta know the rules. You ain't cool. How cute, two freakin' fools. Now don't hold back play the trump card.

Now I know the difference: I'm rocked solid but you got a man who can't stay hard.

When you needed me, I was around. When you wanted to hang, I was down. But now when you come see me, I'm no longer here.

I've had enough of your deceit. There are no more of your lies that I wish to hear.

I could've been your man, but you'd rather have your boyfriend.

I was dead serious, but you acted childish and played pretend.

Remember Rock's may shrink, that's natural but at least I'm not meat that's soft and flaccid.

The truth hurts and burns worse than tears made of purely concentrated acid.

I used to have patience, but no longer will I wait.

Leave the same way you came in and when you leave, close the damn gate.

The lights are on, but no one's home. Knock all you want, I won't answer. Five seconds to vacate the premises. Now you're trespassin'

Once cool, now turned fool. You destroyed a friendship and sniped me like an assassin.

Our friendship has ceased. You're out of luck, now run along and get a four leaf clover.

Back to the school of hard knocks, not hard c***s. You may be at recess but playtime's over.

So this is how you want it, so be it. Cry now, cry later, and cry some more. Damn you, just cry.

If I walk, the game changes just like the rules change. Don't try to convince me to stay longer; I've stayed too long. This is it...one last try. I'm walking out of the door, out of your life forever, as I turn and say...Goodbye.

© 2008 Richard Dotson, Jr.


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

108 Views
Added on February 6, 2008

Author

Richard Dotson, Jr.
Richard Dotson, Jr.

Bridgeport, CT



About
Welcome to my table in the cafe......pull up a chair and lets hear the spoken word. more..

Writing