Analytical Visions

Analytical Visions

A Poem by Richard Dotson, Jr.

You can notice a great deal about your life when you step out of the fast lane.
Everything hits you at once, giving you a tremendous amount of pain.
People you never cared about have now earned your feelings since they've become loyal.
Common folk think when they have money and power they are royal.
Working in the corporate world can make a person forget their roots.
Just cuz it's wrong doesn't make it right, like wearing two left boots.
You must have courage and strength. Having fear is a sign of defeat.
Hold your ground always. You'll still get respected even if you get viciously beat.
When you come near me, I want to hold you. When you look at me, I want to know you and when you lean towards me, I wish I kissed you.
When you do something wild, I scold you. When you dissociated yourself from me, I didn't know you, but when you left me, I truly missed you.
Sometimes I feel as if some bad things will happen if I don't get my life under control.
I can't escape. No one can hear or help me. All my attempts fall on deaf ears. It seems like I'll be trapped forever in this black hole.

© 2008 Richard Dotson, Jr.


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

110 Views
Added on February 6, 2008

Author

Richard Dotson, Jr.
Richard Dotson, Jr.

Bridgeport, CT



About
Welcome to my table in the cafe......pull up a chair and lets hear the spoken word. more..

Writing