Blind Fury

Blind Fury

A Poem by Richard Dotson, Jr.

I've known you all of my life and only remember you after 1982.
I only hear fables of how you used to be but this image is how I will always remember you.
Consumed by anger and hate for those who destroyed you is the very thing that binds you.
Powered by love, fueled by anger, the fury is that which blinds you.
I feel as if I'm being sentenced and judged by you, the judge and jury.
When I needed a shoulder to lean on, I was greeted with this fury.
Sometimes I feel like a tiger trapped in a cage.
Here for your enjoyment and ridicule, but I'm free and untamed with rage.
You dare question my status? Just cuz I don't have a wifey don't make me a f*g.
Mom, I love you but the dark reality may happen when you find yourself talking to me through a body bag.
Am I that bad that you're not proud of me, thus labeling me an embarrassment?
You make me feel worthless like a woman receiving constant sexual harassment.
A house divided is worse than a family torn.
You make me feel as if I wasn't meant to be born.
I'd rather have natural feelings rather than pasteurizing like Marie Curie.
Dark days have arrived, so shed the light. Remember when the temperature's rising beware of the blind fury.

© 2008 Richard Dotson, Jr.


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

105 Views
Added on February 6, 2008

Author

Richard Dotson, Jr.
Richard Dotson, Jr.

Bridgeport, CT



About
Welcome to my table in the cafe......pull up a chair and lets hear the spoken word. more..

Writing