The End Of Daylight: A trip down the proverbial dark tunnel

The End Of Daylight: A trip down the proverbial dark tunnel

A Poem by Richard Dotson, Jr.

They took you away from me, like jewelry taken by a fleeing thief in the night.
You were always there for me, but now you’re gone and I have no light.
You bring infinite smiles to my face because you were there when I needed you.
Now I’m sitting here in a lit world with no light but I still can see since I think of you.
Why did you have to go away? Why did you have to slip and fall into a deep hole?
You had your life under wraps but in one swift move you slipped and lost all total control.
It hurts so bad when I think about the s**t you’re putting yourself through.
Why didn’t you turn to me when you were feeling devilish? You knew I’d be there for you.
I truly miss you. You brought light to my dark world and you were there to ease the pain.
Now my world is dark again and it’s a cruel world that we live in and it’s driving me insane.
Will my dark world return to its natural state or will it remain oblivious to everyone?
Eventually a dark world will emit some form of light that will shine brighter than
the sun.
Will you return to me, safe and sound, or will you return six feet underground?
Please return safe and sound because a world full of sorrow is a horrible sound.
Now that you’re gone will you find a way to supply my dark and cold world with your unique electricity?
I will love you always, everything from the hugs and kisses right down to your unique personality.
Once lovers, now friends. We’ve been through a lot. I have much love for you and that’s the bottom line.
As I fade to black, no one can survive in eternal darkness, so don’t abuse yourself and brightly the sun will shine.
I’m missing you, wishing you were here. Kissing you, while I run my fingers through your hair. Writing this is causing me to break into tears.
Meeting you was and still is a unique experience. After we stopped going out, we became friends. I gained more respect for you especially on that 31st day of July 1999 as you caressed my needs and me escape my fears.
J, I miss you. I pray for your safe return home. I wish your were here with me right now. Come back home, home to your family, home to your daughters, home to me, girl.
My fire lit but barely burnin’. Will you return to me and bring light back to my dark and cold world?

© 2008 Richard Dotson, Jr.


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

95 Views
Added on February 6, 2008

Author

Richard Dotson, Jr.
Richard Dotson, Jr.

Bridgeport, CT



About
Welcome to my table in the cafe......pull up a chair and lets hear the spoken word. more..

Writing