The Morning After

The Morning After

A Poem by Richard Dotson, Jr.

Here it is the morning after, a new day which brings new opportunities as new chances present themselves. I still think of us even though we’re not a couple, we’re still together.
There’s not a day that goes by that I don’t think about you. I really, but I care for you. I don’t say it to say it. I say it cuz I mean it. I’ll be there for you like a Rock in shining armor, or like the sun that appears after stormy weather.
The morning after makes me think of you more than the day before. I don’t know how else to say it, but I really want to be with you, but not as friends , but as your first, last, and everything.
You have been having a serious effect on me lately: when you pop up in my mind, I think of you. When I hear your name, it brings a smile forth, especially when we’re apart. There’s no cure for what I have: uncontrolled emotions, a bigger phenomenon than the friendship ring.
This is a touchy subject for me but I’m going to voice my opinion: I know you’re in Orlando and you’re happy but I also want to be with you to make you happy as he has and then some.
It ain’t no secret that I care deeply for you, babe. I really want to be with you, not sometime but enough to let you know that I’ll always be there for you. When I’m with you, I’m free from all harms. When I think about you, my heart flows to a smooth rhythm and pounds like a snare drum.
I know I told you that I only use the word l-l-l-love you when I really mean it and as I write this for you I’m beginning to realize that I believe I’m fallin’ for you. At first, I thought you were like other females but I’ve started to realize that you love me for me and care for me for being me. This is really appreciated.
I respect you for your constructive criticism, honesty, and ability to give good advice. I think of all the good times we’ve shared together, from going to the movies to sharing explosive kisses on your couch. The kisses we exchanged weren’t debated, we both agreed that we should’ve waited but they were f*****g blazin’. I’m glad we never hesitated.
My ideal morning after is waking up next to you, holding you in my arms. I would express my love for you while gazing into your hypnotic eyes. You’re like a fine wine- pop the cork, lick it, pour in into a glass and savor the taste. The similarity is that I would take my time with you as we age together.
Everything I do will be done gently and with finesse, because I want to cherish every moment we share together. I won’t s**t you but I’m not giving into you, I’m giving my all- mind body and soul, since I have you mind, body and soul, as we become entangled. Together we would cause more havoc than stormy tropical weather.
As I close this story, I respect and treasure our friendship. You are my heart and soul. I love you with all my heart, not just for your outer being but for your inner one. You’re my first, last, and everything- you are the love of my life.
This isn’t a joke………I care for you and I do love you with all of my heart. Maybe one day it’ll make sense, but I still love you with all my heart and always will, even until the day we die or when you’re someone’s wife.

© 2008 Richard Dotson, Jr.


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

110 Views
Added on February 6, 2008

Author

Richard Dotson, Jr.
Richard Dotson, Jr.

Bridgeport, CT



About
Welcome to my table in the cafe......pull up a chair and lets hear the spoken word. more..

Writing