The Morning After 2002

The Morning After 2002

A Poem by Richard Dotson, Jr.

Here it is the morning after, a new day which brings new opportunities as new chances present themselves. I still think of us even though we’re not a couple, we’re still together.
There’s not a day that goes by that I don’t think about you. I know you’re taken, but I care for you. When you need me, I’ll be there for you like a sun that shines through stormy weather.
The morning after makes me think of you more than the previous day. I don’t know how else to say it, but I care for you a great deal. I don’t just admire you for your beauty, I adore you for everything.
You’ve been having a serious effect on me as of late. When you pop in my mind, I think of you. When I hear your name, it sends a chill up my spine which brings forth a smile. You’re in my heart always. You’re with me constantly from late afternoon to the early hours of the morning.
At first, I assumed you were similar to other females, but I realized that you are a very unique woman. I’m glad we’re cool peoples because your warm heartedness is greatly appreciated.
I respect you for you cuz you’re an exceptional female. You maybe young in appearance, but you’re mature in your mind state. You must be extremely fortunate because my normally intricate fortress has been penetrated.
My ideal morning after is waking up next to you, holding you in my arms. This is only fantasy and may never happen. I get lost when I gaze into those beautiful eyes. You’re similar to a fine wine-you get better with age and you’re a rare find and good for any occasion.
You’re right, there’s nothing to hate about you. I do love you. I love your two-toned, wind blown mane. I love your hypnotic eyes, your squeezable and kissable cheeks but what I must love the most, besides your cute face and your curvy body, is your devilish grin.
Nani, I cherish the friendship we share. If you need me, I’ll be there. If you need to talk, I’ll listen. If you need a hug or love, I’m here with open arms not cuz I want to, it’s cuz I have to.
You’ll always be with me: mind, body, and soul. I’m captivated by your inner and outer beauty. Your beauty can make a blind man regain vision. you’re hot enough to melt the glacier that sank the Titantic. As I bid you adieu, I just want to say thanks for being you. You’re a contagious virus that has no cure nor cause harm. I’m glad I contracted the Nani bug. I’ll be there for your forever, sunrise to sunset, ashes to ashes, dust to dust, from the evening before as you remain in my thoughts until the morning after.

© 2008 Richard Dotson, Jr.


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

101 Views
Added on February 6, 2008

Author

Richard Dotson, Jr.
Richard Dotson, Jr.

Bridgeport, CT



About
Welcome to my table in the cafe......pull up a chair and lets hear the spoken word. more..

Writing